Friday, June 17, 2011

The Debt of Love: Ch 9

Ch 9

Leila: I want you to drive me somewhere today…

Ron smiled: back to the hotel?

Leila: It’s too early for that…I actually wanted you to drive me to a graveyard

Ron: What for?

Leila: Well…17 years ago…on this very day…my dad passed away…

Ron: What happened?

Leila: Some organization framed my dad…and caused our family to suffer. My dad couldn’t handle the immense stress…and he soon fell ill and died…

Ron: I’m sorry…

Leila: Why are you apologizing? It’s not like you work for that stupid organization that caused my family to fall apart…making my mom commit suicide and my brother to run away…

Ron: I’m sorry I asked about your painful past…

Leila: It’s ok…

Ron: Umm…Leila…

Leila: Ya?

Ron: Are you crying?

Leila gently placed her hand on her cheek and realized that she did begin to cry when she told him about her past. Maybe the fact was that she had never told anyone about it before, so now telling him brought tears to her eyes. She planned this entire thing out to get his pity…so that she can get to him and make him question the motives of the organization…but what she didn’t realize how much pain it causes her to talk about it.

Ron wrapped his arms around her: Don’t cry…you said it was the past…you have to move on Leila…and I’ll be there for you every step of the way…

Leila looked up at him: Really?

Ron: You may think I’m just some guy you barely know…but the one thing that I hate seeing is a beautiful woman cry…cause your tears cover your beauty…and plus it gives you wrinkles…

A smile appeared on her face hearing his words…

Leila: Thanks Ron…

Ron muttering to himself: It’s the least I can do…

Leila: What did you say?

Ron: I was saying…you look so beautiful when you smile…

With that the two of them walked towards Ron’s car and he drove off in the direction she told him to, until they reached their destination…

Ron: If you don’t mind me asking…

Leila: You want to know more about my past…

Ron: I was just wondering…if both of your parents died…and you’re brother ran away…who helped you bury them?

Leila: Well…after my parents died…I was put in an orphanage…until one day a man came along and adopted me…and he helped me with their funerals…

Ron: Oh…I know I shouldn’t ask…I’m…

Leila: You’re sorry…It’s okay Ron…I trust you…that’s why I want you to know these things about me…as long as you’re by my side I know that everything will be all right…

Ron: Should I just park here…and wait for you?

Leila: I want you to come with me…so that my dad can see that I’ve found someone who possibly is the one who will take care of me forever…

Ron: You’re saying I could be the one?

Leila nodded.

Ron: But Leila…we’ve known each other for like a week…what makes you so sure?

Leila: It’s my women’s intuition…it’s telling me that you’re the one…unless…you’re only playing around with me…and you have no feelings for me whatsoever…and this is just all part of your little scheme to make me think that you do love me…

Ron thinking to himself: Does she really know…all of this? Or is she using reverse psychology on me…making me think she knows…but she really doesn’t and just wants me to tell her…maybe I’ll just play along. How come I’ve never heard dad talk about this case…what really happened?

Leila: Ron? (She waved her hand in front of his face)

Ron: Oh…I was just thinking…

Leila: About?

Ron took a hold of her hand: About us…

A smile appeared on Leila’s face that she knew came from the depths of her soul…she was smiling a true smile of gratification…not those fake ones to make the men around her fall hopelessly in love with her…but a smile saying that it’s so happy that it has found its soul mate.

Leila: I think we should go now…

Ron: Oh right…

Leila got out of the car as well as Ron and she took his hand and the two of them walked off to where her father was buried…

Leila bowed in front of his tombstone and her eyes began to water…seeing this Ron immediately embraced her for it was a normal reaction for him. He didn’t want to see her cry…well the fact was he didn’t want to see anyone cry.

Leila: Dad…it’s been a year now…and lots of things happened…but no matter what happens…I won’t forget to seek revenge for our family…we’ve suffered so much…it’s unfair that those stupid people from the organization are still roaming around and maybe even harming other people…I won’t let you down dad…I won’t let our family down…and I will continue to find my brother…I know he’s still alive and out there somewhere…

Ron just stood there taking in everything she had to say…he pitied her…but was afraid that all she was saying was just a lie…a lie to make him pity her. Some may think that he was too cautious…but he knew that the organization’s rule was to not trust anyone…

Leila then looked at Ron after she was done talking to her dad’s spirit…

Leila: Ron…thank you…usually I would come her alone…but today…you were here with me…I don’t know why…but I feel as though that I could really trust you and even…love you…

Once again the questions were floating around Ron’s mind as he listened to her words…they sounded so real…so sincere that he was beginning to soften up…but before he could open up to her…he had to find out if what she said was real or not…the only way to do so was seek the help of uncle Bobby.

After they left the graveyard…Leila was in no mood to go anywhere and so by the looks of things it was only right for him to drive her home…

~17:00 Ron & Linda’s place~

Ron opened the door and automatically knew that Linda was home…

Ron: Honey I’m home!

Linda came out of her room and greeted him with a big hug and kiss

Linda: So where did you go today?

Ron: University…graveyard…

Linda: Graveyard?

Ron: Leila told me to drive her there…she wanted to visit her dad…

Linda: Ohhh…I get it…

Ron: And she said how the organization caused her family to fall apart and everything…

Linda: And you believe her?

Ron: I don’t know if I should…

Linda: My dad can help you…

Ron: But before we go visit your dad…I want some alone time with you…

==============================

I guess...you can say, it's getting more interesting? I don't know...I'm tired and sleepy. Please leave me a comment and...I'll see you Monday for yet another update, or maybe sooner if I end up posting Take 2...we'll see...and tomorrow is...I guess a sad day in life...so...I might post something as well...

Thanks for reading, and your comments are always appreciated.

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ron and Linda are so in love, and now Leila's plan seems to work. Ron is going to find out the true about his organisation. What will happen, can't wait to read the next chapter.
    Have a nice father's day :)

    ReplyDelete