Friday, June 17, 2011

The Debt of Love: Ch 8

Ch 8

~23:15~

Ron got home and immediately started working on his essay…

Ron sighed: Only two thousand words to go…shouldn’t take me that long…

He continued working until around midnight when Linda came home. She noticed him sitting there in his room just staring at his computer screen. She smiled and walked over to her room to get changed. When she came out he was still staring at the computer screen…

Linda slowly walked into his room without him noticing…she placed her hands on his shoulders and began to give him a massage…

Once Ron felt Linda’s hand he quickly got out of his daze and looked at her

Linda: It’s getting late Ron…

Ron: My paper is due tomorrow…

Linda: But your health is more important…

Ron placed his hand on hers: That’s okay…you can take care of my health while I finish this up…

Linda smiled: Well…I’m taking on a role of a doctor and telling you, my patient to go to bed…

Ron: No one ever listens to their doctors…

Linda: Well then…I’m speaking as your best friend…

Ron: In that case…I’ll go to sleep soon

Linda: I want you to go to bed now!

Ron: I will…if you go to bed with me…

Linda: Little Ronnie is being naughty again…I’ll go to bed with you…but you sleep on your bed and I sleep in mine…

Ron smiled: I’m almost done…just over a hundred words to go…

Linda: Fine…I won’t bother you then…

She began to walk away

Ron: No…don’t leave…stay here and keep me company…you’re like my caffeine…I’m always awake when you’re around

Linda giggled: Is that so?

Ron nodded: Of course it is…

Linda walked over to his bed and sat there watching him continue working on his essay. Funny how she found him extremely attractive while hard at work…maybe it was the look on his face when he struggled to find that perfect word to put in his sentence…or that satisfied look when he finished writing something magnificent…

Linda soon lied down and fell asleep on Ron’s bed. At around 1 o’clock Ron had finished his essay and turned around to see Linda who was fast asleep on his bed.

Ron: Why are you so beautiful?

He leaned in and kissed her on the forehead…and then went into the bathroom to change into his pajamas and went to sleep…

He lied down beside her trying not to touch her in anyway shape or form…for he respected her too much to do anything that she would disagree to…

~08:30~

Linda woke up and realized that Ron had wrapped his arms around her while he was sleeping…a smile appeared on her face once she turned around to see him still asleep…she wanted to get up…but she enjoyed being in his arms…and she had hoped that in the future…she could wake up everyday with his arms around her. She soon closed her eyes and tried to go back to sleep.

~9:00~

Ron woke up and noticed that his arms were around her…he tried to take his arms away but Linda had already noticed and turned her face to face him.

Ron: I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to…I know how you don’t like it…and nothing happened…

Linda smiled: I didn’t say anything…

Ron: But I thought that you didn’t want any of this to happen…

Linda: well I changed my mind…

Ron then continued to wrap his arms around her…and embraced her even harder…

Ron whispering in her ear: I wish that everyday I could wake up seeing you by my side

Linda muttering to herself: I wish the same…

At around 10 o’clock Linda got up to get ready for work…she prepared breakfast for the both of them and then at around 11:15 she left. But before leaving Ron pulled her towards his body and kissed passionately…

~12:00~

Ron’s cell phone rang…

Ron: Hello?

Girl: Hey honey…

Ron: Who is this?

Girl gasped: Don’t pretend you don’t know me…

Ron smiled: Leila…

Leila: I can’t believe you didn’t recognize my voice

Ron: It’s not my fault that a lot of young ladies call me ‘honey’

Leila: Don’t think too much of yourself or else your head might pop…

Ron: I don’t mind if my head pops…it has already seen all the wonders of the world…

Leila: You’ve been to all of those places?

Ron: Traveling is a passion of mine…but I’ve also seen the 8th world wonder…

Leila: Really?

Ron: And that was you…

She couldn’t believe what he had just said…and she couldn’t believe that she felt the blood rush to her cheeks making her blush…was this a sign…a sign telling her that…she, Leila Tong…is falling for this guy?

Leila: You know…your words have no affect on me

Ron: Is that so?

Leila: Why would I lie?

Ron: Now see…there’s plenty of answers to your question…like for instance you’re beginning to like me without realizing it…or you don’t want me to think too much of myself…or…

Leila giggled: You’re full of answers aren’t you?

Ron: Well…I like giving answers…anyways…what are you doing today?

Leila: Oh! Is Mr. Ron Ng asking me out?

Ron: And when did I ever tell you my last name?

He was right…when they were together he had never told her his last name…

Leila: Oh…I saw your driver’s license when you dropped your wallet at the bar…you were pretty drunk…

Ron: Oh…anyways…I was intending to ask you out…

Leila smiled, she felt as if her whole body had drifted off…

Leila: In that case…I really have to think about it…

Ron: Well…I’m heading off to the university to hand in my essay…and if we’re meant to see each other today then we will…if not then that’s too bad. We’ll just let fate decide.

Leila: I never knew guys were into these fate and destiny things…

Ron: Ah…but I’m not any guy…I’m Ron Ng…your dream come true…

Leila: You and your arrogance…

Ron: I can tell that, that is exactly what you like about me…I got to go now…hope to see you later. Bye.

With that he ended the call and went to get dressed and headed out the door. He drove off to the university to hand in his essay to the professor, who looked quite pleased seeing his essay. Maybe it was because he too heard of the story about the other professor who had gone into the hospital with Ron’s report.

He then took a seat and stayed awake for the entire lecture…it was getting quite interesting…and just gave him even more ideas to use on Leila.

After the two hours he walked out of the lecture hall and like expected she was standing there waiting for him…

Ron smiled: You’re here…

Leila: I thought I might drop by to see

Ron: To see what…or should I ask who?

Leila smiled: I thought you were full of answers…

Ron then dropped his bag down and wrapped his arms around her

Ron whispering in her ear: But this time I want to hear the answer coming from your mouth…

Leila giggled as he was whispering in her ear…

Leila: Cause I wanted to see you…

Ron smiled and then kissed her gently on the cheek…

===================

I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment