Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Christmas Gift: Ch 5: Finale

Ch 5

The End

Human beings are complex, not because of our genetic makeup, or biological structure, but rather how we react to certain situations and the way we perceive things. Even the most logical person, will get emotionally involved with another person and will no longer act according to logic, but rather act according to how they feel.

=

Linda noticed that the lights were dimming down, she saw her parents approach the dance floor as she stood there and wondered, when she would be able to share such a moment with the one she loves. Will they still be together until then? She couldn’t help but smile when she saw her parents smiling at each other so sweetly. She then looked around to see if Ron was around, for she longed to be able to dance with him and be in his arms once again. As she turned around she realized he was only standing a few feet away from her.

She slowly walked towards him and smiled, while the other designers from the same department just stood there and greeted her.

Linda: Would you share this first dance with me?

Ron was absolutely stunned when she asked him. He had not anticipated such an event; in fact the other people whom he was with were equally shocked.

Shirley: Ms. Chung...are you asking Ron?

Linda: Of course I am...Ron and I were classmates when we studied design in Italy...

Shirley: Oh...

Guy: If I were you Ron, I wouldn’t reject the opportunity to dance with such a pretty lady

Ron: I’d love to share the first dance with you...

He took a hold of her hand and walked with her to the dance floor. Her hand was in his, and he placed his other hand on her waist, as she placed hers on his shoulder. This was exactly what she wanted, and Ron could tell that she was happy and her happiness came through as the beautiful smile she had on her face. He was happy that he was able to make her happy...and he realized that this was what mattered to him. He knew the others were talking about them, but he could care less.

She looked radiant, and he felt as though he was the luckiest man on earth to not only having the pleasure of sharing the first dance with her, but he knew that he would be able to spend the rest of his life with her.

As they continued to dance, he realized that she had gotten even closer, so close that her head was now on his shoulder and he had his arms wrapped around her waist. He could hear her heart beating against his, and it felt as though their heart beats were beating along to this song. He then heard her whisper something in his ear

Linda: I really like this song...maybe we could play this song at our wedding...

Ron smiled: If that’s what you want...

They continued to dance until the music stopped. Everyone in the room was looking at them...and there were whispers saying how they were a match made in heaven.

When the music stopped, they were approached by Linda’s dad

Shek Sau: how come my little princess hasn’t introduced me to her boyfriend?

Linda blushed: We’re...well...he’s Ron Ng

Shek Sau: Oh... (He looked at Ron) So you’re the young man that my little daughter talks about all the time...

Ron: Pardon me?

Shek Sau laughed: Oh...so she hasn’t told you about going on and on about you in front of my wife and me? Hmmm...Well, the fact is...all I hear when she’s home for the holidays is how great of a class mate you are, and how great of a designer you are...and how you have great ambitions...

Linda: Daddy...I don’t go on and on about him...

Shek Sau: Of course you do...and whenever I asked if there’s something going on between the two of you...you always tell me that there’s nothing...and you’re just friends...but your mother and I came to the conclusion that there must be something between the two of you...

Ron: Sir, we’re just close friends...

Shek Sau: Is that so?

Ron: I would assume so...

Shek Sau: Well, then don’t you wish you two were a little closer? See...my daughter here is absolutely gorgeous and would probably win a beauty pageant if she ever entered one

Ron chuckled: I’d be honoured if someone like Linda would fall for someone like me...

Shek Sau: I’m pretty sure my daughter has fallen heads over heels for you

Linda blushed: Daddy!

Shek Sau: Ron...let me be frank with you...I don’t need a son in law who has as much money as I do, or one that has a father who has as much money as I do. The fact is, I came from a poor family myself...my wife on the other hand, grew up in a wealthy family...

Ron: Sir...

Shek Sau: Let me finish, what I’m trying to say is...it doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, just as long as you can bring my little princess happiness I’m fine with it. And from the looks of things...I know you can bring my little princess happiness...

Ron: But...

Shek Sau: Don’t think about how others would look at you...as long as you know what you’re doing is right...that’s all that matters...Anyways...I’ll leave you two alone then...

He walked away leaving Ron and Linda still on the dance floor...

Linda smiled: Ron...you heard what my dad said...he doesn’t care, and neither do I...and you shouldn’t either...

Ron smiled: I guess I shouldn’t care about how others view me...as long as I can make you happy...I’m happy...

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her passionately on the dance floor...the view of the world did not matter anymore, for whatever that view was, was not capable of changing his view. All he wanted to do was to be with the one that he loves and make her happy...

~ Next Day~

The sunlight was seeping through his bedroom window as his mom walked in to open the blinds. Ron squinted at the light...

Michelle: Wake up! I already made breakfast...it’s on the table...and I’ll be home early tonight because it’s Christmas Eve

Ron got up: it is?

He wondered whether or not what had happened before was just a dream...or was it truly a reality. He could only secretly hope that it was in fact real...

Michelle: Oh...Linda called earlier...she wanted to see you. And why didn’t you tell me you have such a pretty girlfriend?

Ron: Umm...

Michelle: When are you going to take her home so I can see my future daughter in-law? You’ve made me wait for too long...did you know Mrs. Wang next door already has two grandchildren and she’s a year younger than I am...she has TWO!

Ron: Mom...don’t you have to go to work?

Michelle looked at her watch: I still have some time to scold you about making me wait so long for a daughter in-law

Ron: I’ll bring her home one day...ok?

Michelle: You better bring her home...anyways...I better go to work now...remember the food is on the table

Ron waved: Bye mom...I’ll see you tonight

As soon as his mom walked out of his room he was lying back down...and closed his eyes as a smile appeared on his face. He realized that what he thought happened last night had actually happened...He continued to stay in bed smiling until he heard his cell phone ring...

He slowly got up and tried to grab his cell phone...which was on his night table

~ on the phone~

Ron: Hello?

Linda: You’re still in bed? It’s almost noon

Ron: Linda...

Linda: I called earlier...and your mom picked up the phone...

Ron: She told me...

Linda: How come she’s never heard of me before?

Ron: What?

Linda: When I told her who I was...she told me she never heard of my name before...

Ron: Oh...

Linda: And I’ve told my parents so much about you...

Ron: Well...I never got around to telling them I have such a gorgeous girlfriend...that’s all...

Linda: Is that it? Or...are you hiding another woman behind my back?

Ron chuckled: Women and your hallucinations...

Linda: Excuse me?

Ron: What else is it then? Isn’t it obvious that you’re the only one I love?

Linda giggled: Is that so?

Ron: Of course it is...when have I ever lied to you?

Linda: I’ll believe you for now...oh...I wanted to see you before I go...

Ron: Go? Where are you going?

Linda: Skiing with my parents...we’re going for a week...so you wouldn’t have to miss me too much...

Ron: I’ll try...so where do you want to meet then?

Linda: There’s a little cafe not too far from where the Dynasty Corp is...it’s called Once Upon a Time...

Ron: I’ll see you there at what time?

Linda: how about...in an hour and a half...

Ron: Ok then...I’ll see you there...

~End of conversation~

It was funny how they’re problem was resolved so easily...but either way he was happy that they were together again. He finally got up, washed up and got dressed. He soon left the apartment and was on his way to the little cafe.

When he got there he noticed that Linda was already there, waiting for him. He walked towards her and smiled...

Ron: You’re early...you must really miss me...

Linda laughed: that’s obviously the reason

He took a seat across from her

Linda: Here...(she gave him a wrapped up box)

Ron: What is it?

Linda: You’ll see once you un-wrap it...

Ron started to un-wrap the box, and it was a box of cookies

Ron: cookies?

Linda: I baked them this morning...

Ron opened the box: They’re in the shape of snowflakes...just like the ones you left me before you went back two Christmases ago...

Linda smiled: It was the first Christmas present I gave you ever since we started dating

Ron: I remember you told me to eat only one a day...until you came back...

Linda nodded: Well...this time you have to do the same...one snow flake cookie a day...

Ron smiled: This is probably the best gift ever...it’s extra sweet...

Linda laughed: And what are you going to give me in return?

Ron took the napkin that was on the table and started to fold it

Ron handing her the folded paper: Here...you can have my heart

Linda giggled: That’s all?

Ron got up and went to sit beside her as he kissed her gently on her forehead...

Ron whispered: Ti amo...

====

There it is...the ending. I hope you enjoyed (re)reading this fanfic.

So, once again, please comment and let me know which fanfic I should post next...Seven Days or The Debt of Love

Randomness...OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment