Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Debt of Love: Ch 11

Ch 11

Soon after, Ron and Linda went back to their place…an eerie silence had came over them as they walked back. Maybe it was because they both discovered just so much that they were overwhelmed by the facts. Or maybe it was that Linda was worried about Ron…and what he might decide to do…just out of pity. As they walked back though, the thought of telling Leila everything did enter his mind but was quickly shot out of his head when he thought about the fact that she barely knew him…so why would she trust him? Would she really trust a stranger she met for a week or a role model in her life that took her in when she needed the support the most. But after that idea, another came in…telling him that there is always a possibility that she might believe him…especially if Linda is right about her liking him. But what should he do…was something that truly irritated him.

When they got into their place Ron looked at Linda and she knew by the looks in his eyes that he was lost in his thought and that the only person who could bring him back to this reality was her.

Linda: Ron…it’s getting late…we should go to bed now…

Her words did help…it made him more calm and cleared his mind…

Linda: You can think about what you should do tomorrow…I’ll help you…since I have a day off…

Ron: You will?

Linda: I’ll always be there for you when you need me…just remember I’m the answer to all of your problems…

Ron smiled hearing her words…for he knew she was right. She was the answer to all of his problems…she had helped him through every tight situation and he knew that without her there wouldn’t be the Ron Ng that everyone knows today.

~Flashback~

The little boy was only three years old…he knew enough words to start a conversation but never to continue one…he was a little genius as his parents would call him. He knew how to count…do math and even simple algebraic problems…but he was quite quiet for a little boy…because he didn’t want to make any mistakes while talking to others…so his longest conversations were usually with himself.

Once again the little boy was in his room playing chess all by himself…he enjoyed the company of his shadow…the one that did everything opposite of what he did. He would smile at it and see nothing in return…was he neglected? No…but both of his parents were busy…until one day he found himself a friend.

She walked up beside him and smiled…then fell over. She only started to learn how to walk for she was only one year old. The little boy looked at her and smiled…he knew her from before…his mommy had shown him the little baby girl when she was just born…he knew that the little girl can become his friend and play with him when his parents weren’t home. But the little girl was too little to do anything that he knew how to do…so he would play with himself…

Little Girl: What you doing?

Little Boy looked at her: Playing chess…

Little Girl pointed to one of the pieces: What’s that?

Little Boy: It’s a horsey…see? That’s the head!

Little Girl giggled: Where are the legs?

Little Boy: I don’t know…but it doesn’t need legs to move…I just slide it around

Little Girl: Can I try?

Little Boy nodded and the Little Girl sat down beside him and started to move the piece…until the Little Boy yelled at her

Little Boy: No! No! No! It moves in a letter “L” not like what you did! You did it all WRONG!

The Little Girl began to cry hearing the Little Boy yell at her…

Little Girl crying and holding onto the horsey: Daddy! I want my Daddy!

Her dad walked in and picked her up…he wiped away her tears and asked her what happened?

Little Girl: He mean!

Little Boy: I’m not mean! She did everything WRONG!

Her Dad smiled: It’s okay Linda…Ron didn’t mean to yell at you…right Ron?

The little boy nodded and turned back to his game…

And that was the beginning to their very special friendship…and until this day she still has that horsey that she took from his game…

~End~


He soon snapped out of the memory and back to reality where he realized it was almost midnight. He decided that the decision can wait and that he should go to bed like Linda had told him to. He would do anything that she wanted him to do…and he would do anything to protect her from harm…for he loved her.

He went into his room got changed and washed up and went to bed.


~09:00~

The sun had risen above their heads yet Ron was still tucked away in bed…he didn’t bother thinking about anything but just slept soothingly. By the looks on his face…he was dreaming…a very nice dream…

Linda walked into his room and noticed him smiling…she wondered about what he was dreaming about…and just stood there staring and studying him…finally she decided to tell him to wake up.

Linda: Ronnie wake up!

He was still fast asleep…

Linda walked over to the side of his bed and took a seat…

Linda whispered in his ear: I love you

This made a dashing smile appear on his face as he slowly began to open his eyes…he was glad that the first person he saw was her. He hoped that in the future everyday would be the same…seeing her smiling face as he opened his eyes. He got up and held her hand…

Ron: What if I told you I wanted to see you every morning when I wake up?

Linda: Well you usually do…unless you’re on a mission…

Ron smiled: Would you wait for me if I were on a mission?

Linda: Don’t I usually?

Ron embraced her: I love you

Linda smiled knowing that they felt the same way for one another…it was such a great feeling.

Linda: So do you know what you should do?

Ron: I should buy a ring…a bouquet of flowers and propose!

Linda giggled: No silly…I meant…what you’re going to tell Leila…

Ron sighed: I almost forgot…

Linda: I have an idea…

Ron: What is it?

Linda: Ask her to be your girlfriend…spend some time with her…make her really love and trust you…then you can tell her everything you know…

Ron: But…

Linda: I won’t mind…and while you do that…I can find myself someone as well…

Ron: What?

Linda laughed: I was just kidding…

Ron: Well I could do that…

Linda: Then it’s settled…call her…and ask her out…

Ron: Do I have to?

Linda: Well it’s either do that…or have her misunderstand for life and continue to work for the person that destroyed her family…

Ron: And I still have to figure out where her brother is…

Linda: Well you should just worry about one thing at a time…now go and call Leila and sweet talk her into becoming your girlfriend!

Ron: Yes Madam!

Linda laughed and walked out of his room as he went into the bathroom to wash up.

When Ron walked out of his room he noticed that his breakfast was made and Linda was sitting there eating away.

Ron looked at her and smiled: You know…it would be nice if one day you really become my wife and take care of me just like you do now…

Linda: You’re breakfast is going to cool down if you don’t hurry up and eat it…and I forgot to tell you…one of my co-workers just called in sick so I have to replace her…I guess you have to spend your day without me…

Ron: You’re doing this on purpose aren’t you?

Linda winked at him and continued eating. At around 11 o’clock she left for work and Ron walked into his room and decided to call Leila.

~ On the Phone~

Leila: Hello?

Ron: I missed you…

Leila: Ron?

Ron: Of course it is honey…who else can it be?

Leila giggled: And when did you start calling me honey?

Ron: As of today…when I also decided to ask you to become my girlfriend…

Leila was shocked at his response…she didn’t know why he would do such a thing…but whatever the reason…it didn’t matter because it made her feel that she is getting closer to achieving what she intended to achieve.

Ron: Hello? Are you still there? Or are you so happy that I actually asked you to be my girlfriend that you’ve become speechless?

Leila: In your dreams!

Ron: So you’re rejecting me? But Leila…I think I love you…

Leila: You do?

Ron: when I saw you cry yesterday…I had this really odd feeling inside…and I just wanted to hold you in my arms and never see you cry ever again…

Maybe he was a good liar…or maybe that was the truth…but whatever it was…she was touched…

Ron: So will you…be my girlfriend?

Leila: Yes…

======================

Rereading this story, I'm beginning to draw some parallels with Yes Sir, Sorry Sir...but I think my story is better (and I wrote it like at least 4 years ago), though still far from perfect...it has a better resolution (I believe that was my Id speaking).

Anyways, there will be many more Ron and Leila scenes to come...and so, please continue to support me by reading and commenting.

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Of course I will continue reading your fanfic. And I also think your fanfic is better than the most TVB series nowadays :).
    Back to the story OHH Ron asks Leila to be his gf. Is that not so soon? So he decides to continue with this.

    ReplyDelete