Monday, June 20, 2011

The Debt of Love: Ch 10

Ch 10

Linda: Alone time? I don’t know what you mean…

Ron smiled and went over and wrapped his arms around her: You know exactly what I mean…

Linda: Ron…

Ron: Ya?

Linda: You have to be honest when I ask you this…

Ron: When would I ever lie to you?

Linda smiled: I know…

Ron: So what did you want to ask me?

Linda: Do you like her?

Ron: Like who?

Linda: Leila?

Ron: No…I don’t like anyone…cause I only love you…and you’re the only one that can warm up my heart and make me feel like I’m the luckiest guy in this universe…

Linda: Really?

Ron: I would never lie to you…I would never want to hurt you…cause I love you too much to do anything like that…

Linda: But Ron…you know we can’t be…you should find someone else…

Ron: I’ve thought about it…and I plan on telling my dad that I want to retire being an agent…and live with you forever…we can live a simple life…move out of this place…just the two of us…we can have a world of our own…

Linda: You’d give up everything you have here…just so we could be together?

Ron: Anything…I would do anything for you…

Linda: And I would do anything for you…

They looked into each other’s eyes as they spoke the words that were hidden deep within them for quite some time now…the began to come closer and then…they kissed passionately…it was a magical kiss that made all their worries and queries disappear…for they had each other at that moment…and that was all that mattered to them…

When they broke free from their kiss once again their eyes met…

Ron: I love you and owe you so much…if I can’t repay you with my love in this lifetime…just remember…I’ll find you in the next lifetime and the lifetime after that…

Linda: Why must you always think that you would die?

Ron: Cause…I’m an agent…and being an agent is like living on the edge of a cliff…if the wind blows…I could easily fall off…

Linda: But I’ll hold onto you when the wind blows…so that you would never fall off…

Ron: But that would mean…your life would be endangered…and I’d do anything to keep you safe from harm…cause…I love you just too much to see you in any sort of pain…

Linda: But don’t you think that if anything ever happens to you…I would be in pain…

Ron: I promise…I’ll try to never let that happen…

Linda: Let’s change the topic now…I don’t like it when we talk about these situations that have to deal with life and death…

Ron laughed at her random outburst: Do you have mood swings?

Linda: Why do you ask?

Ron: Cause you were so serious a second ago and now you’re all happy again…

Linda playfully hit him on the chest: Stop teasing me…you know I’m like that…

Ron: That’s what I like most about you…

Linda: And you know what I like most about you?

Ron: How well I kiss?

Linda: In your dreams…I like the fact that you can always make me smile…even when I’m down…

Ron: Maybe that’s the meaning of my life…to make you happy…

Linda: It’s getting late…let’s go to my dad’s place…so you can get the info you need

The two of them left their place and took the elevator up to the next floor where both of their dads lived…

Linda opened the door to her dad’s place

Linda: Daddy! Where are you?

Bobby came out of his room in his PJs

Bobby: Hey princess…why are you up here at this time…did Ron do something to you?

Ron: Why would I ever do anything to harm your little princess?

Bobby: Well you better not…or else…

Ron: We’re here to ask you something…

Bobby: You want to marry my daughter? Sure

Linda: Dad!

Bobby laughed: So what do you want?

Ron: Information on Leila Tong

Bobby: I thought your dad already gave you a portfolio on her…

Ron: But it didn’t tell me anything about her past…her childhood…until she told me…

Bobby: Seems to me like she’s falling for our Ron Ng

Ron: Maybe, maybe not…but I want to know…about 17 years ago…did our organization crack down some corporation…making the head of the corporation become ill and die…and then his wife committing suicide and all of that…

Bobby: It does sound quite familiar…let me go through the files…and I’ll find it for you

Ron: Thanks uncle…

Bobby: Maybe you could call me dad like Linda does…(he started laughing and went into his room)

Ron: Would you marry me?

Linda: Are you proposing?

Ron: No…it’s just a question…if I did propose…you’d receive 108 roses…a ring…and…

Linda: And?

Ron smiled: You’ll like it…but I won’t tell you…

Just then Bobby came out and witnessed Ron holding his daughter’s hand and gazing into her eyes…he sighed at the fact that the two of them still can’t be…not until Ron resign

Bobby: Ahem…(clearing his throat)

Ron turned and faced him

Bobby: I think I found what you’re looking for…it says here that a corporation by the name of Dynasty was taken down because of illegal betting and laundering…as well as transportation of illegal weapons…the owner is Michael Mui, it says here that he fell ill after our organization took down his corporation…and made him go into bankruptcy… also says that his wife committed suicide soon after he died, his son Kenneth ran away from home and little daughter Leila was sent to an orphanage…

Ron: So Leila was telling the truth…uncle…do you know who was in charge of this mission?

Bobby scanned the file and there, the name caught his attention immediately…

Bobby sighed: It was Damian…Damian Lau…the son of the third founder of this organization…

Ron: Is he…

Bobby nodded: I remember this mission now…he was told to go and find out about the big corporation behind all of this transporting of weapons…and he said that Dynasty was the corporation…but after that…we found out that they were framed…and the fact was that Damian was helping a larger corporation transport these weapons as well as launder the money the get from it. When we found out…we immediately kicked him out of the organization…but we were never able to clear Dynasty Corporation’s name…

Ron: The purpose of our organization is to help protect society from all of this chaos…with illegal gambling…transporting drugs and weapons…creating viruses and laundering…but we actually made a decent family fall apart…

Linda placed her hand on Ron’s shoulder…

Bobby: We should have known that Damian was no good…his father was the same…a greedy man…with no respect for anyone…always thought about himself and no one else…we should have assumed that Damian would be like his father…but we were too lenient…and this was what happened…

Ron: So Leila…who wants to avenge her family’s crisis is working for the man that caused all of these things to happen?

Bobby nodded: Poor girl…she doesn’t even know the truth about this man she calls ‘Father’

Ron: Now what should I do?

Bobby: Your mission is to bring down Father…and the only way to do so…is if you use Leila…for she has become his favourite…

Ron: But now…knowing about everything that happened…I don’t know if I could do it anymore…

Bobby: Remember the rules of the organization…there was one that you did not know about…

Ron: That is?

Bobby: Always leave your feelings at home…

Linda: Ron…I know what you can do…

Ron looked at her startled: You do?

Linda: Tell her…tell her everything you know…make her realize the truth that we’re actually on the same side…

Ron: But would she believe me?

Linda: I have a feeling she would…I have a feeling that she likes you…and you need to like her…because a woman knows if a man likes her or not…and will only trust a man that likes her or even loves her as much as she loves him…

Ron: But I…

Linda: For the organization Ron…

Ron: But…


Linda placed her finger on his lips…

Bobby yawned: I’ll leave you two kids here…if you do, do anything… remember to pick up all pieces of clothing and I want my living room the way it was…

Linda and Ron turned and stared at him…

Bobby: I was just joking…(he winked at them and headed into his room) Good night!

==============================

It's getting exciting...I hope you're enjoying reading it the first time around (if you haven't read it before) as I do, rereading it.

Please leave me a comment, I love all comments ^_^

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bobby is so funny, always makes fun of Ron en Linda.
    What will happen next? Hope more Roneila in it...

    ReplyDelete