Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Seven Days: Ch 1

Ch 1:

Leila woke up and rubbed her eyes still believing in Santa she hurried downstairs to see if he did bring her what she wanted. But she was disappointed cause what she wanted wasn’t there.

All she saw was her parents at the table drinking their eggnog and eating breakfast.

Ha Yu: Morning honey

Leila: Morning dad

Ha Yu: Did Santa bring you what you wanted?

Leila shook her head…that was the same question that her dad asked her every year ever since she was able to walk and talk. Maybe it was because he still viewed his daughter as that little girl he could hold in his arms and tell her how all the boys out there are bad…and that the only man she should trust is him…her own father. But she didn’t listen to his advice…and became heart broken each and every year.

Rebecca: Honey, tonight we’re having dinner with Uncle Sek Sau and his son…so if you have any plans…

Leila: Yes mom…if I have any plans I should cancel them

Rebecca: Well we only want what’s best for our little girl right? (She nudged her husband who was busy watching the news)

Ha Yu: Of course sweetie.

Leila smiled to see how her dad was so powerless when her mother was around, but when she isn’t there he kicks into his manly gear in a blink of an eye. This was what love did to her dad, made him change from being a true man to this…a homemaker.

Rebecca: Uncle Sau’s son is a Pediatrician…

Leila: That’s great…

Rebecca: I think you two would have a lot to talk about after all you are a schoolteacher and he’s a pediatrician…you both work with children.

Leila’s thoughts

Every year she tries to match me up with someone…when will she ever give up. A pediatrician…maybe he won’t be like the others…but you never know…

End

Ha Yu: Honey leave her alone…

Rebecca: Am I the only one who cares for the future of our daughter?

Ha Yu: Of course I care but she’s old enough to make her own decisions and find her own soul mate

Rebecca: Well…if you think she’s all grown up then why do I see you every night going into her room making sure she didn’t kick her blanket?

Ha Yu: Cause I don’t want her to get sick

Rebecca: Well I don’t want to see her grow old and lonely either

Leila laughed at the way her parents bickered. They did that everyday but that was a routine…if it wasn’t for their bickering the house would be extremely quiet. And plus they usually bicker about her…knowing that she was always the center of their attention was all that Leila needed.

Leila: So dinner tonight with Uncle Sau and his family right?

Rebecca: So you’re going to come?

Leila: Anything to make my mommy happy.

She walked over and gave her mom a hug.

Rebecca: See, I told you she was going to listen to me

Ha Yu just laughed knowing that his daughter only did this because she was a bit tired hearing him and his wife bicker.

~That Evening~

Leila had put on some decent clothes that made her look amazingly gorgeous…possible so gorgeous that it could melt the hearts of any young men that would come in her path. Her parents too dressed up for the occasion…having dinner with their good friend Sek Sau and his wife and son was something that Rebecca had been planning for weeks on end. They arrived at the restaurant and noticed that Sek Sau and his family had already arrived.

Sek Sau: You’re here!

Ha Yu: Wouldn’t miss it for the world.

The two of them laughed simultaneously…they were good friends when they were younger and always kept in touch with one another.

Sek Sau: Is that your daughter?

Ha Yu: Not just my daughter but also my little princess, so where’s your son?

Sek Sau: He’s over there talking to a friend of his on the phone

~Ron’s conversation~

Ron: Hey Tav, I might be coming a bit late

Tavia: Ronnie you promised to come

Ron: I know but my parents are arranging this little get together with their friends and I can’t just leave like that

Tavia: You’re being a filial son again? Isn’t that cute (She giggled)

Ron: Leave me alone all right…so what if I’m a filial son?

Tavia: That just makes me more attracted to you

Ron: What are the chances of us? It’s harder than winning the lottery

Tavia: I know…why would someone as pretty as me go out with someone like you?

Ron: I think you got it wrong my friend…it should be the other way around

Tavia: So you think you’re pretty huh?

Ron: Totally (Pulls out his gay voice)

Tavia started to laugh: Well then I’ll talk to you later girlfriend…

Ron laughed: I’ll see you later.

He closed his phone and walked towards his table when he noticed that sitting in his seat was this lovely young lady whom he had never met before.

Ron: Excuse me miss, but I think you’re in my seat

She turned around and looked right into his eyes and was charmed by his smile.

Leila: I’m sorry…

Sek Sau: Let me introduce you two…Ron that’s Leila and Leila that’s Ron

Ron: Nice to meet you

Leila: Nice to meet you too.

She was about to get up when,

Ron: You don’t have to move…there’s a seat right across from you…I’ll just take that seat. I wouldn’t want to make you have to get up, what type of man would I be?

Leila smiled seeing this guy was quite the gentlemen compared to all of the others that she had met in the previous years.

Ron took something out of his pocket and handed it to Leila.

Ron: I bought you this…hope you like it

Leila: Thank you…but I have nothing to give you in return

Ron: That’s okay; maybe later you can accompany me to my friend’s party?

Leila: I’d love to.

Ron smiled: That sounds great.

Their parents were quite happy seeing the two of them get along so well…this might be a great start to a great relationship…or so they hoped.

==============================

Please leave a comment...and I'll be posting the next chapter on Friday!

To Nina: I'm feeling better...much less pain than before, it's just eating is still troublesome. Thanks for asking ^_^

Randomness...OUT!!!

PS. A Truthful Lie will be posted tomorrow night (fingers crossed lol)

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Thank you for your update.
    RonLei met en they are going to a same party, what a nice coincidence.

    ReplyDelete