Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Seven Days: Ch 2

My apologies for the lack of update/ inconsistent update. I've been panicking and studying for my MCAT and so I tried to stay away from my computer as much as possible. Anywho...here it is.

Chapter 2

After they had their dinner Ron and Leila left. They exited the restaurant and went towards Ron’s car. It was quite chilly out and Ron could see that Leila was cold so he wrapped his scarf around her…as he did so he gave a little smile revealing his dimples…something that warmed her from the inside out. She started to realize that she had started to blush slightly but he didn’t notice because he had thought that her cheeks became rosy red because of the cold. Once they got to his car Ron, like a gentlemen would opened the door for Leila and made sure that she wouldn’t accidentally bump her head. Then Ron too got onto the car.

Ron: I know that we’ve just met and stuff so if you don’t want to go with me that’s totally fine…I’ll just drive you home or wherever you’d like to go.

Leila: Well…I’m suppose to be meeting a friend at her place for a little get together

Ron: I guess I’ll drop you off there then and give me a call when the get together is over so I could come and pick you up so your parents wouldn’t be suspicious.

Leila: It’s on Queen Street West

Ron: That’s where I’m heading

Leila: Oh…don’t tell me you’re going to the Bohemian Embassy Condos too…

Ron: What a coincidence, that’s exactly where I’m heading…and by any chance is the host for the party Tavia?

Leila: Tavia Yeung?

Ron smiled and seeing him smile made her smile as well.

Ron: I guess we’re going together after all

Leila: I guess so

Ron drove off to Tavia’s place. The two of them continued their conversation talking about how they came to know Tavia yet they’ve never met each other. It just proves how big this world can be even though everyone knows that it is quite small. As they were happily talking they exchanged phone numbers as well. Like they say it’s better to make a friend than to gain an enemy. Finally when they arrived Ron parked his car and then quickly got out and went onto the other side to open the door for Leila. The two of them entered the building and went into the elevator, which took them up to the party room that Tavia had reserved for the get together for at least three months.

When Tavia caught sight of Ron and Leila coming out of the elevator together an odd feeling filled her heart…it was joy but it had a tinge of jealousy. But when Ron saw her he quickly walked over to her and embraced her in his arms…seeming they were close friends this felt very natural to the both of them. He then gave Tavia a peck on the cheek, which made a smile appear on her flawless face as she leaned in to return the kiss.

Then Tavia walked over to her good friend Leila.

Tavia: So…what were you two doing together?

Leila: He was the guy my parents set me up with this year.

Tavia: But you know…he is quite the gentleman.

Leila: I noticed…

Tavia: Does that mean you like him?

Leila: I don’t know…but if he’s already taken then I shouldn’t even be thinking about it.

Tavia: Taken?

Leila: Aren’t you two together?

Tavia started laughing and when Ron heard her laughter he walked over to the two of them. He draped his arm over Tavia’s shoulder like he would usually do.

Ron: What’s so funny?

Tavia still in her laughter: She thinks we’re a couple

Ron too began to laugh: A lot of people assume that eh?

Leila: But you two seem to be so close

Tavia: Of course we are

Ron: We’ve known each other for years now but we’ve never gone out before…let’s just say we’re not meant to be lovers but more of soul mates

Tavia: But we would probably make a very nice couple, don’t you think Ron?

Ron: Of course. (He then wrapped his arms around her waist). Hey Tav, is my cousin here yet?

Tavia: She’s probably in there flirting with the other guys…

Ron: Typical her…

Leila stood there just watching the two of them whisper in each other’s ear and their little gestures…if she didn’t hear them deny the fact that they were together…she would probably think that they were a couple.

The three of them walked into the Party room that was now filled with guests…Leila learned a valuable lesson…whenever Tavia said it was a “little” get together she should be prepared to meet a hundred new faces.

Ron: O ya…I got you something

Tavia wrapped her arms around him and gave him a kiss to say thank you.

Tavia then went on to talk to her other guests while Ron and Leila stood there at the entranceway.

Linda: Ron! Guess what?

Ron: What?

Linda: You’re standing under the mistletoe

And with that everyone who was there drinking or having a nice conversation turned to look at Ron and Leila.

Linda: You know…they say that if you were under the mistletoe you would have to kiss the person who’s under it with you

Tavia: Kiss her! Kiss her!

And the crowd joined in, in the chant. Leila was blushing furiously, never before was she the center of attention or put under such great pressure. Ron then turned to look at her and gave her a little peck on the cheek. The crowd “booed” as he did so.

Tavia: Come on Ron, I know you can do better than that.

It was a bit awkward…but he wrapped his arms around her waist and did what he was told…he kissed her on the lips…he kissed her passionately on the lips…she wanted to push him away but his kiss and his body gestures were too compelling for her to do so.

As they parted the crowd hooted and whistled at them making Leila blush even more…Ron seeing how uncomfortable she was feeling immediately grabbed her hand and walked her over to the cocktail table so that she could get a drink to cool down.

~Boxing Day~

Leila woke up and hurried downstairs…it was the day where she would open up her gifts…she was actually looking forward to see what her parents got her and of course what her new friend Ron had gotten her as well. She started tearing the wrapping paper on her gift and opened up the box that to her surprise was filled with a miniature liquor bottles to add to her collection. She wasn’t a drinker but those bottles really attracted her. Then it was time to open up Ron’s gift…he probably got her something that she would consider unnecessary since he doesn’t know much about her. She opened it up and there in her hand was a little crystal penguin…she actually loved it. She wouldn’t imagine that he would’ve gotten her something like that. She had assumed it would be like what a normal guy would get a girl, which is probably a necklace or a bracelet or any type of jewelry. But in Ron’s case he got her the little penguin…one of her favourite animals of all time. She smiled seeing the mini object in her hand.

Ha Yu: Is that what Ron got you honey?

Leila nodded and a smile appeared on her face…she was planning on giving him a call to thank him once again for his gift until her phone rang.

Rebecca: Honey I think that’s your cell…

Leila immediately put the crystal figure on the table and ran upstairs to answer the call when she got up it was already too late…and the person who had called left her a message.

Leila flipped open her phone and checked to see whom the message was from and when she noticed that it was from Ron she immediately read it.

~Message from Ron~

Hey, I don’t know if you opened the present yet but if you did I hope you like it…I didn’t know what to get you so I just thought that it looked really cute and thought that you might like it. Anyways sorry about yesterday and the mistletoe…I was forced to so I didn’t have much of a choice. Hope you’re not mad cause I noticed that after that you didn’t say much to me. Uh…bye.

~End~

~Flashback~

Crowd: Kiss her! Kiss her!

Everyone hooted and jeered as the two of them stood under the mistletoe then Ron wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on the lips.

~Leila’s perspective after the kiss~

Why am I blushing? It’s not like I like him or anything and that was just a simple kiss…on the lips. Just because he’s good looking and acts like a gentlemen doesn’t mean that he is…Bosco was like him when I met him back then but he turned out to be a lie. What if this guy is the same? But if he isn’t does that mean I’d lose a chance of a lifetime to find my other half. The one who is destined to be with me forever?

~End Leila’s perspective~

For the rest of the party she just stood at the window staring out into the darkness of the night watching the many snowflakes fall down slowly. In her head she was debating if she did like him or not. So far the side that said she was, was winning. Ron could see that Leila was very quiet and felt that he was responsible for making her feel uncomfortable so he thought to leave her alone for the rest of the time there and went on to his good friend Tavia. The two of them danced and spoke into each other’s ear and then would start to laugh out of nowhere about something they were saying.

~End of flashback~

Leila turned over to her computer and noticed that there was a new email in her inbox…she opened it up and to her surprise it was from…Bosco.

~Email~

Hey Babe, miss me? Of course you did…anyways I’m going to come and pick you up tonight at 7:00 so we could go to dinner…and rekindle our relationship.

I miss you.

Bosco

~End~

She was ecstatic that he had emailed her and even happier that he wanted to rekindle their relationship…even though he made her go through a lot of pain but she wanted to give him another chance cause she loved him.

==========================

There it is...I hope you enjoyed it and I'm going to get back to studying. Please remember to leave a comment...and I'll update after I write my MCAT, which is Saturday morning.

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thank you for your update. Goodluck with your MCAT.

    I love RL scene. The guy is Bosco, he's back, wonder Leila still loves him. Can't wait to read the next chapter

    ReplyDelete