Monday, July 4, 2011

The Debt of Love: Ch 20

Ch 20

~Inside the Café~

Kenneth: It’s been long sing we sat down together…

Leila: About 15 years…

Kenneth nodded: I know that I shouldn’t have left you when our family was going through so much…

Leila: That’s okay…I managed to live didn’t I?

Kenneth chuckled: And you grew up to be a beautiful young woman…

Leila: So you knew who framed our dad

Kenneth shook his head: I wasn’t sure…but I knew that our dad would never do such a thing…and I knew that someone from the organization had something to do with it…a couple of years ago when I joined the organization…that was the first thing I asked about…and from them I knew that the man who caused all this to happen to us was Damian Lau.

Leila looked down: And all these years I called him ‘Father’

Kenneth placed his hand on Leila’s: Don’t be too hard on yourself…you didn’t know…but now that you do…I just know that you’ve just put yourself into so much danger…

Leila: We need to avenge our parents’ death…

Kenneth: The only way is through the organization…we can work side-by-side Leila…

Leila looked up at her brother: But I’ve caused so much harm to the organization by working for that bastard

Kenneth: Don’t worry about it…I’m sure that Ron and Linda will put in a few words for you…

Leila: So…I heard Linda tell me I’m going to become an auntie

Kenneth smiled: You are…

Leila: So when can I meet my future sister in law?

Kenneth: Soon…How about we go for a walk and check on those two…

Leila: Sure

The two of them walked out of the café and into the open air…they walked towards where Ron and Linda were…and noticed that Ron was holding Linda in his arms…

Kenneth turned to his little sister and saw that she was sadden by what she saw…and from that he believed that his little sister has fallen in love…with Ron…

Kenneth: You like him?

Leila: What are you talking about?

Kenneth smiled: Even though I haven’t seen you for 15 years…I still remember that look on your face when you want something…Leila I’m your brother…I can see right through you…

Leila: So what if I like him…he loves her…

Kenneth: But…

Leila: I’ll continue to love him…and hopefully one day he’ll feel the same way…

Kenneth chuckled: You’ve never changed…still so persistent…

Leila: That’s what makes me, me

Kenneth: Yes…a very unique person indeed and of course my adorable little sister

Leila then hugged him with all her might and she felt a strong sense of love…family love…an untainted love that lasted through all of the mishaps

Kenneth: What was that for sis?

Leila: I just missed how we use to hug when we were little…

Kenneth: and did you miss this?

He picked her up and twirled her around.

Leila giggled as her brother did so. She did miss it, she missed all of those days they spent together back when they were little.

Leila: you can put me down now

Kenneth smiled: All right…

~Father’s Place~

Father: Leila, Leila, Leila…What am I supposed to do with you now…

Jack: Should I do something Father?

Father: And what do you have in mind Jack?

Jack: If we want to get to Ron…we would have to target the ones around him…the people he cares for…

Father: Like…

Jack: Like his new girlfriend Leila…and then his good friend Linda…

Father: What are you planning on doing with them…

Jack smirked: abduct them…one by one…until Ron realizes that it’s us…

Father: And then…

Jack: He’ll fall hopelessly into our little scheme…

Father: Excellent Jack…you have learned so much…I’m so proud of you my boy…

Jack: Thanks…Father

Father: So…who are you planning on taking away first…

Jack: Leila…

Father: Why Leila first?

Jack: So you can question her…and plus Ron just reunited with his good friend…chances are he’ll be spending time with her anyways…

Father: Very good Jack…I’m definitely impressed…

Jack smiled: Thank you

Father: We should take action now…

Jack: I’ll have our people on her tail…so when there’s no Ron…we’ll take our action…

Father: But Leila was raised by me…she’s a very cautious girl…the only way you can get to her is if…

Jack: Is?

Father: If you told her that I want to see her

Jack: Ok father…

~Beach~

Ron: so where would you like to go for our future honeymoon?

Linda: Who said I’d marry you?

Ron: Everyone did

Linda giggled: Such a big ego

Ron: As long as you like it

Ron took a hold of her hand: I want to hold your hand and walk the rest of my life with you…I want you to know that no matter what happens…I will always love you…

Linda smiled as a tear trickled down her flawless face and she emerged herself into Ron’s arms.

Linda: I love you too…and I always will…no matter what happens

Ron: Marry me?

Linda looked at him: no ring? No flowers?

Ron: But I’m proposing to you using my heart…isn’t that good enough?

Linda smiled: Maybe…

Ron went through his pocket and took out a small box…

Ron: I bought this a while ago…and I always carry it with me wherever I go to symbolize how you’re always with me…and I guess I’ll use it to propose to you…I know it’s not a big diamond or whatnot…but it’s a symbol of my endless love for you

Linda smiled looking at the ring

Ron: Will you be the one who wakes me up every morning…the one that I kiss goodnight…and the one that will make babies with me?

Linda giggled: You just had to ruin it with the making babies part…

Ron: Fine…we’ll make very good-looking and pretty babies

Linda continued to giggle as Ron carefully slipped the ring onto her…

Linda: That’s not fair…I didn’t really say yes…

Ron: But now the ring is on your finger…you can’t take it off…

Linda tried to but it seemed to be stuck

Ron: You’re meant to be Mrs. Ng

Linda: We should be getting back now…

The two of them walked back to the café and noticed Kenneth and Leila standing there

Ron: I’ll drive you home Leila…

Leila: No it’s ok…

Ron: Are you sure?

Leila: My brother will drive me home…right Kenneth (she nudged him)?

Kenneth: Ya…sure…of course

Leila was now eying the ring on Linda’s finger…

Kenneth: I’ll take you to visit my girlfriend Leila…

Leila: Sure…

Ron: In that case…I’ll see you two later then…bye

Linda: Bye

Kenneth: See you

Leila: Ok…Bye

With that the four of them departed from the Café

Kenneth: Do you want to visit my girlfriend or should I just drive you to wherever you live?

Leila looked at him: I’d like to go home…

Kenneth: All right…

Once Leila got home she received a phone call from Father asking her to meet him at his place. Even though Leila was wary of whether to go or not…in the end she went…

==================================

Hope you enjoyed it...again, slow...but the next one will be better...well, at least that's how I remembered it...

please comment and...go to my other blog because the poll for new female lead is up, as well as a random post...

Randomness...OUT!!!

PS. have a lovely day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ron really proposes Linda...
    Wonder what happen to Leila in the next chapter

    ReplyDelete