Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Reason: Ch 5

Ch 5

Mr. Chan and his wife began to giggle: The way you cared about her when she just had a little sprain.

Ron smiled: But that’s my job. After all I am a doctor and I care for everyone the same.

Mrs. Chan: No, I see something between the two of you.

Ron: Don’t say that, what if my girlfriend hears.

Mr. Chan: Doctor Ng, I see you once a week and if you had a girlfriend I wouldn’t be able to see you once a week.

Ron: I guess I can never tell a lie in front of you, right Mr. Chan?

Mrs. Chan: Of course not. You can’t lie in front of someone who is the best at lying. (Gives her husband a nudge)

Ron started laughing: Hopefully when I’m as old as you two, I would find someone.

Mrs. Chan: Doctor, you know, you should cherish what is in front of you.

Ron smiled: I’ll talk to you two later my friend is calling me.

Mr. Chan whispering to his wife: Excuses.

Ron walked over to where Raymond was.

Raymond: So.

Ron: So what?

Raymond: Come on man, when are you going to admit that you like her?

Ron: Like who?

Raymond: Don’t pretend you don’t know.

Ron: Leila?

Raymond widened his mouth and gasped.

Raymond: You like my sister?

Ron: No!

Raymond: Then why did you think I was talking about her?

Ron: I don’t know. Who else would you refer to?

Raymond pointing to Linda: Umm, maybe that lovely young lady sitting over there with the bandaged foot that was bandaged with care by the second most good-looking doctor in our hospital.

Ron: Second? Then who’s the first?

Raymond: Me of course. Dude, your charming and all but you cannot look better than me.

Ron: Okay buddy. No wonder you always get dumped, with that type of ego who would want to share the rest of their life with YOU?

Raymond: Stop changing the topic, and to get your facts straight. I dump them, not the other way around.

Ron: Whatever. (He walked away)

Raymond: You can’t lie to yourself and you definitely can’t lie to your best buddy.

After the volunteers looked at all the elderly, it was time to go home. Ron walked over to where Linda was sitting and found her asleep. He then gently picked her up making sure that he wouldn’t wake her up. He then carried her to his car and placed her inside the car gently. He buckled the seat belt for her and went back inside.

Ron: Raymond, you can drive your sister home right?

Raymond: You brought her here so you’re going to have to drive her back.

Leila: What type of brother are you?

Raymond: I was just joking. Ok fine. Ron you drive Linda home and do whatever you have to do. (He winked at Ron)

Ron: I’m not even going to ask what you’re thinking about.

Raymond: Well I wasn’t going to tell you anyways.

Ron walked over to his car and got on. Linda was still asleep and Ron was gazing at her as if she was the night sky covered in the millions of stars.

~Flashback~

Ella was still asleep in Ron’s car. All he wanted to do was place a soft and gentle kiss on her forehead. He knew that he would really miss her once she’s gone and this was probably the last time he’ll see her cause tomorrow she would be heading to Australia.

Ella suddenly woke up.

Ella: What are you looking at?

Ron: An angel that fell asleep in my car.

A smile appeared on Ella’s face.

Ella: You and your sweet words. When I’m gone you better not use them on anyone else.

~End of Flashback~

It’s been exactly 7 years since he last saw her. In Ron’s mind he had imagined her probably married with kids. He knew that who ever she married would have provided her with a better life than he could ever have. Going into medicine was his best and worst choice. He barely had anytime to spend with her and he knew deep down that she wanted him near everyday. So it’s better off that she left.

At that moment Linda slowly opened her eyes and saw Ron looking at her. She quickly closed her eyes and pretended that she was asleep. Ron then buckled up and drove off. When he arrived in front of her place he wanted to wake her up but didn’t know what to do. If he nudged her she might feel as if he was trying to invade her. He never really had a girl sleep in his car other than his girlfriend or Leila. So this time it was a bit awkward.

Ron thinking: Maybe I could just carry her up. What if the neighbors see, then they would think that we’re doing something. I don’t want to ruin her life like that.

As Ron was mumbling to himself, Linda woke up.

Linda: Was I asleep all this time?

Ron: probably.

Linda: I’m sorry, I didn’t want to cause you any inconvenience. Did you drive Leila home?

Ron: Well, her brother drove her.

Linda: O.

Ron: Your place is pretty far from where the hospital. Did you ever think of applying for one of those apartments funded by the hospital for doctors near the hospital?

Linda: I did. But I doubt I would get it.

Ron: I’ll put in a few words for you.

Linda: Thank you. I better get going now. I’ll see you tomorrow Doctor Ng.

Ron: Bye. (As he watched her walk off he remembered the last time he saw Ella and how he still misses her deeply)

Ron’s phone began to ring.

Ron: Hello.

Leila: Where are you?

Ron: Are you checking up on me?

Leila: Maybe.

Ron: Well I just drove Linda home and now I’m planning to go and get something to eat.

Leila: Can you come and take me with you?

Ron: What happened to your brother?

Leila: hmm…Kevin is working late AGAIN, Raymond is on a date with Michelle and Bosco is probably out with Myolie.

Ron started laughing: All right I’ll be there.

Leila: Ever since I was little you would always be there for me…(she started muttering a few words)

Ron: What did you say? I couldn’t really hear you.

Leila: Nothing. I’ll see you then.

Ron: I’m on my way. Ron to the rescue!

Leila giggled: My hero! (She said it with that country accent)

The two laughed simultaneously until Ron said a good bye and hung up.

=========================

I'm on a roll lol. I hope you enjoyed it, please comment and the next one will be up on Wednesday!

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for updating.
    Wow everyone think Ron like Linda he. I like the friendship between RonLei. Hoping mor about them ...

    ps Sorry I think I've misunderstuood you then somehow I thought it on the 14 sept lol. But I do lost someone this year :(.

    ReplyDelete