Friday, September 30, 2011

The Reason: Ch 4

Ch4

Ron started laughing: Are you serious, me and her? (pointing to Leila).

Linda: Why not?

Ron: We’ve known each other since forever. I just see her like more of a sister than anything else.

Linda: Do you care about her?

Ron: Of course!

Linda: Maybe you do like her but you just don’t know.

Ron giving her a stern look: You know, for a new interim you sure have a lot to say especially when you hardly know me.

Linda blushed: I didn’t mean to…

Ron: I’m joking. (He smiled) Don’t worry about it. Okay, you stay here, I’m going to go and get her.

Linda: Sure… Do you want me to sit in the back or anything?

Ron: Just stay where you are. Leila wouldn’t mind.

Ron got out of the car and walked towards Leila.

Ron: Leila! Let’s go!

Leila: I can’t believe you drove right past me. What WERE you doing?

Ron: You and your dirty thoughts. (Shaking his head)

Leila: How do you know what I was thinking about if you didn’t think about it too? Now who has the dirty mind?

Ron: Can we just stop with the bickering and go?

Leila: I’ll stop if you say I was right.

Ron: Right about what?

Leila: You know.

Ron: How would I know what you’re thinking about?

Leila: urgh….can’t you just agree with me for once?

Ron: fine! You were right about whatever you were talking about. Happy?

Leila: So you WERE doing something.

Ron: This ends here. I don’t want Linda to be offended by your unusual thoughts.

Leila: ooo…. So there is something going on.

Ron: Come on Leila, if I did have a girlfriend or even liked someone you’d be the first to know. So can we please get a move on? You know those old people aren’t getting any younger.

Leila gave a little giggle: Ok.

They walked over to the car and Ron opened the door for Leila.

Leila: Thanks.

Ron: No problem. (He got onto the car) So is everyone ready? No answer! I take that as a yes…ok lets go.

Ron drove off to the public health center where most of the elderly were.

All three got out of the car.

Ron: oh ya. I forgot to introduce you to each other. (Scratching his head) Ok. Linda, this is Leila and Leila this is Linda. Now that you’re acquainted we can go inside.

They walked in and saw Raymond, Tavia and Michelle.

Raymond: Ron, you’re finally here. Was my sister giving you a hard time again?

Ron: What do you think?

Raymond: This is what happens when you’re a nice guy. (Started laughing).

Leila: I didn’t do anything.

Raymond: It’s you. Of course you did something, you always do.

Ron: Linda, are you planning to stand there for the rest of the day? Come on.

Ron walked over to her and pulled her towards where the group was standing.

Tavia: So the plan today is to explain to the people about hypertension (high blood pressure) and how to prevent it.

Ron: Ok. Let’s get started.

Ron walked onto the stage.

Ron: Good morning everyone.

Everybody: Good morning Doctor Ng.

Ron: So, how is everybody on this fine day?

Everybody: Good.

Ron: That’s fantastic! Ok, so did Tavia tell you about what we’re here to do?

Everybody: Yes.

Ron: Let’s get started. First of all do we know what high blood pressure is?

The crowd began to have their little personal discussion.

Ron: Well, don’t worry if you don’t know because that’s what we’re here to tell you about. Ok. So high blood pressure is caused by many things like emotional tensions, faulty nutrition and can even be hereditary. But you know since most of you are elderly you should watch out. High blood pressure can’t be seen so it’s hard to know that you have it. But don’t you worry my friend (pointing to Raymond) Doctor Lam will tell you the symptoms so you could tell.

Raymond: All right so like Doctor Ng said high blood pressure can’t be seen so how do you know if you have it? Hmmm…well, you might have a headache, your ears may turn red and you might even feel dizzy. So, to make sure that no one here has high blood pressure, we’re going to test everyone to see.

The two of them walked down.

Raymond: ok, let’s pair up. Michelle and I will be a group. Leila and Tavia you two are a group and Ron you and Linda can be a group.

Ron: Ok, let’s get to work.

Ron and Linda grabbed the needed instruments and walked over to a group of elderly who were sitting there patiently for the doctor to come.

Old man: Doctor Ng, I was here first so you have to give me the check up first.

Ron smiled: Sure Mr. Chan. Okay, Linda will wrap this band around your arm so, you have to roll up your sleeve so she can do her job easily.

Mr. Chan: Ok, I’ll listen to you Doctor. (He rolled up his sleeve and allowed Linda to wrap the band around his arm)

Ron: This might feel a bit strange but everything will be okay. (Ron pressed the button and let the machine do the work) Okay Mr. Chan you’re blood pressure is normal.

Mr. Chan: Ha, I told you Rose, I’m still as healthy and good-looking as when we first met.

Ron and Linda both chuckled as the old man walked away.

Linda: The people here are quite friendly.

Ron: They are very nice people.

Linda and Ron walked towards an old woman when Linda tripped over a man’s cane. Ron caught her before she fell over.

Ron: Are you ok?

Linda: I think I sprained my ankle.

Ron picked her up and carried her to a chair.

Ron: Let me see that? (He raised her foot and placed it on his lap.)

Ron went through the bag that he brought and found the roll of the elastic bandage. He then wrapped it around her ankle and foot several times so it would help.

Ron: Okay, you should sit still, don’t move. When it’s time to go I’ll come over and pick you up. Literally. (He smiled at her) Just sit still.

Linda: Ok Doctor. I’ll listen to you. (She smiled back)

Ron walked away and went to the other people. Mr. Chan and his wife came over.

Mr. Chan: Doctor, Is she your girlfriend?

Ron: No. Why would you say that?

===================

Tadaaa!!! Please leave me a comment, and I hope you enjoyed it.

To Nina: Thanks for the continuous support, I haven't lost anyone close to me recently, but there's a definite ongoing fear of losing someone close...partially I blame one of my courses that I'm taking this term lol

No comments:

Post a Comment