Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Reason: Ch 6

Ch6

Ron arrived at Leila’s place and went up to get her.

Ron called in.

Leila: hello?

Ron: Hey there, gorgeous.

Leila started laughing: Does this mean you’re standing in front of my door?

Ron: Pretty much. Yeah!

Leila opens the door: Are you going to stand out there forever?

Ron: I would if no one invites me inside.

Leila: Is that necessary? You’re like family.

Ron: Really?

Leila: Like one of my brothers.

Ron: Does that mean I’ll never have a chance with you?

Leila blushed: I guess your hunger is getting to your head.

Ron looked at her in the eye: What if I meant it?

Leila felt her heart began to pound even harder.

Ron couldn’t keep a straight face and burst into laugher.

Leila: Ha! Ha! Very funny! Can we please go now? I’m starving.

Ron: All right. So, where do want to go?

Leila: Don’t know. Doesn’t matter.

Ron: I’ll just drive off randomly and you can tell me where to stop.

Leila: Sounds like a plan.

They got onto Ron’s car and drove off. Ron turned on his favourite song… The Reason by: Hoobastank. Ron felt that he could really connect to that song. Just the first line describes him. “I’m not a perfect person, there’s many things I wished I didn’t do”

Leila didn’t pay attention to the lyrics nor the melody but more to Ron. She knew him since forever. When she was younger she always thought he was her prince charming who would carry her off to a wonderful place. As she got older, she realized that because of their close friendship that could never be.

Leila: STOP!

Ron: Hmm… where are we?

Leila: How would I know?

Ron: You told me stop.

Leila: Well, you told me to tell you to stop.

Ron parked his car and they both got out.

Ron: I guess we’ll just walk until we find ourselves a restaurant.

Leila: I guess so.

They began to walk and spoke about their childhood. After walking for a few blocks Leila was pretty tired.

Leila: I’m tired.

Ron: That’s what you get for not working out.

Leila: Like you do?

Ron: Of Course! I go to the gym every week.

Leila: If you’re so strong, then just give me a piggyback ride.

Ron: Just like old times?

Leila: Just like old times.

Ron smiled, bent down and allowed Leila to get on his back. He trudged along and many people were staring at them.

Ron: You definitely need to work out.

Leila: Are you saying I’m fat?

Ron: Not fat, just a bit heavy.

Leila started hitting him on the shoulders.

Ron: If you do that again I’ll drop you.

Leila: You wouldn’t.

Ron: Pretty sure I would.

Leila: Well then all those people would see.

Ron: I don’t care about what people say.

Leila: Fine be like that.

Ron started to laugh: I won’t drop you; I’d rather have you on my back for the rest of my life.

Leila blushed: You can put me down now.

Ron: Don’t misunderstand I didn’t meant what you think I did. Wait, I’m confusing myself now. I DID mean what I said but…

Leila started to laugh: You don’t need to explain just put me down.

Ron: Why?

Leila: Unless you want to carry me into the restaurant then, be my guess.

Ron: Oh. I didn’t notice.

Ron slowly put Leila down making sure that she wouldn’t hurt herself. The two of them walked in.

Ron: Table for two?

Manager: This way.

They followed him to their table.

Leila: It’s a pretty nice place.

Ron: I’ve never been here before, have you?

Leila: Nope.

Waiter: What can I get you two today?

Ron: Anything you would recommend?

Waiter: Well we do have a “Lover’s Special” if you’re interested.

Ron: What do you think Leila?

Leila: Sure why not.

Waiter: Ok, I’ll be right back with your entrées.

Ron looked at Leila and smiled.

Leila: what are you smiling at?

Ron: I don’t know. Just felt like smiling at you.

Waiter: Here you are.

Leila: This smells good, what is it?

Waiter: These are our famous crab croquettes in the form of two hearts for this special. Bon Appétit!

Ron: Let’s eat!

As the two of them ate their appetizers the main course came and boy it smelled good. By the looks in their eyes you could tell that they were hungry and amazed by the main dish. Just the smell made their mouth waters. Can you smell it? That buttery scent was flying through the air. After their main course came the dessert. A heart shaped tiramisu.

Leila: My favourite!

Ron: Hey, save some for me too.

Leila: We’ll have to see about that.

As they dug through their cake their forks clashed making metal noises that caught the attention of everyone else.

Waiter: May I help you?

================================

Hope you enjoyed it, and remember to comment. Plenty more RL where that came from lol

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Just a Ronlei chapter love it lol
    Ronlei so funny together :)

    ReplyDelete