Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Reason: Ch 1

Ch 1

~At the hospital~

Raymond: Buddy, how was the night shift?

Ron: It was really tiring. At like 3 a.m. a family was rushed in with food poisoning.

Raymond: That’s what happens when you work in ER.

Ron: But working in the ER is the best part of the hospital, you get to see so much action and help so many people.

Raymond: You weren’t supposed to be working the night shift.

Ron: Well, Myolie was begging me to switch so I did.

Raymond started laughing: Now you’re all tired. That’s what you get for being a nice guy.

Ron: She said it was her dad’s birthday.

Raymond: She told ME that a week ago.

Raymond started laughing even louder.

Ron: O well. That’s okay.

Raymond: here comes my little sister now another very naïve soul. I swear you two would make a very cute couple. (He continued to laugh)

Leila walking over to where Raymond and Ron were sitting.

Leila: Raymond, did you leave early this morning?

Raymond: maybe…

Leila: Well no wonder, I thought you would give me a ride so I waited and then Bosco told me you already left. So he gave me a ride instead. What type of brother are you?

Raymond: A very good looking one.

Leila: humph…

Raymond: Don’t be mad. I’ll make it up to you. I’ll help you study for your written exam. Okay?

Leila: You better. (Making a fist)

Raymond: Hey, people are looking.

Leila: There’s no one else here but Ron and he’s like family. Right Ron?

Ron: Obviously and if Raymond “forgets” to help you then I will.

Leila: (She gives Ron a hug) You’re always there for me when my so-called good-looking brother isn’t.

Raymond: Ron is just being nice but once he finds himself a girlfriend you can forget about him too.

Ron: What if I already have a girlfriend?

Raymond: Ya right. If you did, you wouldn’t take that night shift.

Leila: You worked last night?

Ron: I switched with Myolie.

Leila: No wonder you look so tired. For helping me out so many times, how about I give a massage?

Raymond: How come you wouldn’t give me a massage?

Leila: Cause you NEVER help me even though I AM your sister.

Raymond: Fine be like that.

Leila walked over to Ron and gave him a massage.

~A couple of minutes later ~

Leila: How does it feel?

Raymond: Shhhhhh…(started whispering) he’s sleeping.

Leila whispering: already?

Raymond: He worked 30 hours straight, what do you think?

Leila: Well we need to get going.

Raymond: I guess we could leave him there. No one would eat him or something.

Leila: okay then.

~Half an hour later~

Ron felt the vibration of his beeper and woke up.

He read the message and ran to his office. There sitting patiently was a new interim waiting for Doctor Ng who would be her mentor for the rest of the year.

Ron walked in.

Ron: I’m sorry I’m late. I kind of fell asleep. You see working in the ER means working 30 hours shift and stuff.

The girl just sat there and nodded.

Ron: Okay, I’m Doctor Ng or you can just call me Ron. Whatever you want. And you are…(opens the folder) Linda Chung. You just transferred here today?

Linda: Yes sir.

Ron started laughing: Don’t call me sir; I’m only a few years older than you.

Linda gave a little chuckle: Okay then.

Ron: So do you want to start today or tomorrow?

Linda: Today would be nice.

Ron: Cool. So lets start. We’ll go down to the ER and I’ll introduce you to the people there and then at lunch I’ll show you around.

Linda: Thanks.

Ron: Lets get going.

Ron and Linda went down to the ER. Right at that moment two police officers were rushed in.

Ron: What happened?

Myolie: They were on duty and it was an outbreak of two gangs. They got caught in the middle.

Ron: Sir, do you know where you are?

Police officer 1: I’m in the hospital?

Ron: Yes you are and you’ll be all right. Myolie, you and Kenneth take care of him. I got to go and check out the other officer.

Myolie: Sure Ron.

Ron went over to the other room.

Ron: Sir, are you okay?

There was no response.

Ron: Sir… Tavia, check his pulse and his blood pressure.

Tavia: It’s dropping to a halt.

Ron: Turn on the defibrillator. Ready? 20V CLEAR!

Tavia: No response.

Ron: Turn it up. Ready? CLEAR!

Tavia: His pulse is back.

Ron: Good, now give him some anesthetics and take out the bullet from his left arm.

Sammul: Okay Ron, I’ll do that.

Ron: Linda, you see working in the ER isn’t so glamorous. It’s actually a lot harder and busier than the other sections of the hospital.

Linda: But that’s what makes it so thrilling.

Ron: I see you enjoy working under pressure as well.

Linda smiled at him.

From a far Leila could see that Ron was having a nice conversation with this pretty and young girl. She wondered if it was his girlfriend. And if he did have a girlfriend how come she never knew about it.

Leila mumbling to herself: I thought he would tell me everything.

======================

Sorry for the delay, school just started and I'm kinda busy...I'll post something up to explain myself later

Please comment and the next chapter will be up during the weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment