Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Reason: Ch 21

Ch 21

The next morning she woke up and found herself in bed, but a bed that wasn’t hers. She recalled about what happened last night and realized that she was at Ron’s. He was nowhere in sight which made her feel a bit unease. But when she heard that warm voice all the doubts in her heart disappeared.

Ron: Morning.

Linda: Morning

Ron: About last night, I…

Linda: It’s ok. I know there’s nothing between us…and I totally understand…it was all an accident.

Ron: I’m sorry. I would be lying to you if I told you I feel the same way as you do but I’ll try if you want to give me a chance, give us a chance.

Linda: We’ll see.

Ron: Well, I’ll go buy breakfast and you can change into something while I’m gone.

Linda: Ok.

As he left her there she wasn’t saddened by the fact that he didn’t love her but she was happy that he didn’t lie to her. For once she found someone who wouldn’t lie to her. For once she found someone who would try to love her whole-heartedly rather than pretend to love her. She was glad that the person she spent her first night with was Ron.

~Ron’s thoughts~

What have I done? I wasn’t drunk or anything…then why did it happen? What am I suppose to do? It’s not right. It’s so unfair to her. What if I ruined her life? I guess the first line in the song The Reason is just so true “I’m not a perfect person, there’s many things I wished I didn’t do”.

Do I love her?

~End of his thoughts~

He went out to buy congee and came back and he saw her cleaning up his place. She was looking through his photo albums while wearing his clothes, which made him laugh.

Ron: Maybe I should go and buy you something to wear?

Linda: no need.

Ron: Well then let’s eat.

There was an eerie silence in the air as they ate cause they both didn’t want to mention what happened last night or anything else. They just sat there and ate until finally Ron finished his and walked over to the sink and started washing the bowl. Linda sat there not saying a word she wanted to tell him that maybe they should give each other a chance yet she had a feeling that Ron has someone else in his heart that he didn’t know about. She didn’t want to be a third wheel in his love life.

Ron’s Perspective:

The next few weeks passed by quickly as the relationship between Tavia and Raymond was now stable you could say. It’s funny how the two of them from enemies turned into lovers. Bosco and Myolie still used the pictures that they took a while back to threaten me and blackmail me to switch shifts so that Myolie can go out with him. I remember that day when Myolie saw Leila and I sitting around talking she sang, “ Love is in the air” as she walked past us.

Between Linda and I, nothing really developed. Maybe she’s trying to avoid me now because of what happened that night. But it’s been hard trying to talk to her and she’s become great friends with Tavia supposedly. She’s always with her, maybe that’s her way of avoiding me. Her exam is coming up in two weeks and hopefully both her and Leila are successful.

It’s been Leila’s lifelong dream to become a doctor. I really hope all her dreams can come true.

End of his perspective

Ron: Linda!

She finally turned around.

Linda: Ya.

Ron: I want to talk to you.

Linda: Aren’t we already talking?

Ron: You know what I mean.

Linda: Ok, your office then?

Ron: Ya.

They walked to his office as soon as they entered Ron closed the door.

Ron: You look pale. Are you ok?

Linda: I’m fine.

Ron: Are you sure?

Linda: Yes.

Ron: I don’t want you to be fainting when you’re on those long hour shifts.

Linda: I’ll be ok.

Ron: How about dinner?

Linda: Tonight?

Ron: If you’re not busy.

Linda: Umm…I already made plan.

Ron: Oh. Well then I guess you should be going.

Linda: Ya. Bye.

She left him sitting there all alone wondering about what he’d done. Why is she like that? He killed her spirit. He felt guilty for doing the things he did but he can’t change the past, he can only hope for a better future. She wasn’t only an interim or someone who he slept with by accident but she was his friend and he could tell from the way she speaks to the way she looks at him or the way she plays with her hair that she was trying to avoid him. He couldn’t just sit there he had to go after her.

He ran down the hallway, down the stairs and to the parking lot. She was nowhere in sight. He got on his car and drove and saw her standing at the bus stop. She was avoiding him pretending she made plans…then she fainted.

Ron got out of his car and rushed to her side. He quickly picked her up and ran into the hospital to get someone to look at her. He stood outside as she was inside the examination room being looked at by Myolie.

Ron stood out there worrying about her until he caught sight of Leila. She walked over to him and tried to comfort him.

Leila: Ron, What’s wrong?

Ron: She’s in there.

Leila: Who?

Ron: Linda.

Leila: What happened?

Ron: I don’t know…she was at the bus stop and she fainted.

Leila: Ron, you know she’s been avoiding you.

He nodded.

Leila: what happened?

Ron whispered in her ear what happened and she gasped not knowing what to say, her heart seem to have sank to the bottomless pit formed in her body. She couldn’t believe it.

Ron: But the thing is I don’t feel anything between us.

Leila: Did you tell her that?

Ron nodded.

Leila: Ron! How could you?

Ron: I don’t know. I didn’t want to mislead her and I just had to let her know.

Leila: What’s wrong with Linda? Why don’t you like her?

Ron: I don’t know. There’s just no spark, no chemistry. Leila, I don’t know what to do.

Leila: Don’t worry…(she embraced him and then gave him a peck on the cheek before she left)

This time her kiss didn’t make him feel any better.

~Inside the examination room~

Linda finally woke up.

Linda: Where am I?

Myolie: You’re back in the hospital silly.

Linda: Oh.

Myolie: We did a check up and we found out that…

Linda: I know. Please don’t tell anyone.

Myolie: Don’t worry everything will be kept confidential.

Linda: Thank you.

Tavia came in and told everyone else to leave as she spoke to Linda.

Tavia: So what are you going to do?

Linda: Well, my exam and stuff are in two weeks; after I get my M.D. I’m planning to go to L.A. where my parents are and stay there for a while to get everything straight and clear up some stuff.

Tavia: Does Ron know?

Linda: I’m not planning to tell him.

Tavia: But he’ll feel so bad not being able to stop you from leaving. After all he is a real sensitive guy.

Linda: Well then the sooner I leave the better.

Tavia: Why would you say that?

Linda: Cause if I’m around he’ll never figure out whom he truly loves.

Tavia: And you know?

Linda nodded.

Tavia: Well I guess if you made your choice then, you should go on with it. I’ll promise to help you keep the secret.

Linda: Thanks. (She hugged Tavia and went out of the examination room to face Ron)

~In the main foyer~

Ron: So…what happened?

Linda: I was just tired. I think I’ll take a few days off to prepare for my exam if that’s ok with you.

Ron: Sure…as long as you’re safe.

Linda: Thanks. (She began to walk away)

Ron grabbed her arm: Hey, how about I drive you home. It’s the least I can do.

Linda: Ok.

They walked out to the parking lot where Ron got his car and drove her home. On the way home she couldn’t help but look at him. She knew that she would miss him just so much if she leaves. But she had to, it was the right thing to do…or at least she thought it was the right thing to do. By the time he drove her back she had fallen asleep even though the ride was only 15 minutes.

Ron looked as her as she fell asleep in his car. He didn’t know if he loved her or not and most importantly he didn’t want to hurt her. He just sat there and looked at her while she slept. Finally he decided to plant a kiss on her forehead.

Ron whispered: I’m sorry; I can’t say I love you when I don’t know if I do.

Linda heard these words and a tear rolled down her cheek. She loved him even though they’ve only known each other for a few months he had become her everything. Every morning when she gets up she looks forward to seeing his smiling face at the hospital. But she was now more disappointed than ever knowing that after all they’ve been through he still didn’t feel anything for her at all. She finally woke up and turned to him.

Linda: Bye…(She whispered) I’ll miss you…Ron.

Ron didn’t want to see her leave but he didn’t know what to do because he didn’t want to mislead her…

=====================

Oh the twist...lol Remember to comment.

Happy New Year's Eve! (And if you're reading this in 2012, then Happy NEW YEAR!!!) I'll see you later in 2012!

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your update
    Happy New Year! Best wishes

    Oh I thought it was just a kiss but..., and Ron still doesn't know if he love her or not

    ReplyDelete