Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Reason: Ch 18

Ch 18

Linda: You’re not scary, just sweaty! Go take a shower and when you’re done dinner should be ready.

Ron: If you insist. (He walked out of the kitchen, grabbed his clothes from his room and walked into the bathroom to shower)

Linda stood there in the kitchen, cutting up the vegetables, cooking the steak and stuff like that. This was the first time she was cooking for someone other than her family. She could’ve invited him out for dinner then she wouldn’t have to do any of these things. Chopping the onions was very tedious making her eyes so teary. But she wanted to cook for him, she just didn’t know why. Was it because she was really beginning to like this guy?

Ron’s shower was done and he just stood there watching her in the kitchen struggling to cut the onions. She reminded him of Ella, who use to cook for him once a week. She would even come over to clean his place. But since she’s gone he’s done all of those things by himself. He missed her but he realized he no longer loved her like he use to, seeing her again wouldn’t bring back any hidden feelings at least it shouldn’t.

After she finished cooking she carefully brought out two plates, she was totally focused on them and kind of accidentally bumped into Ron seeing how he was standing at the entrance into the kitchen.

Ron: Watch where you’re going!

Linda: Sorry.

Ron: Did anyone ever tell you how remarkably innocent you are?

Linda: What do you mean innocent?

Ron: I purposely walked into you, but you apologized.

Linda: Well, I didn’t know that, do you want me to take back my apology?

Ron started laughing: You’re a very funny person. I like you.

Those three words echoed in her mind, it made her blush it made her smile and turn her head away it made Ron wonder what he’d done.

She brought the food out to the table and went into get the utensils.

Ron: Smells good! But I wonder if it tastes any good?


Linda: Well, even if it doesn’t taste good you still better eat it all.

Ron: Hey, it’s the thought that counts so no matter how bad it is I’ll still love it.

~Linda’s thoughts~

Was he just being nice to me or did he really mean it. How come my heart started to beat faster when he said, “ I like you”? And why is it that whenever he’s around I just can’t help but smile?

~End of her thoughts~

As they were eating the phone rang and Ron didn’t hear so the answering machine went on.

Answering Machine: Please leave a message after the beep.

~BEEP~

Raymond: hey Ron, I did you the favor. You’re probably having a romantic dinner with Linda right now and totally forgot about how I had to sacrifice my precious time going out with Tavia for you. You know it’s not easy, seeing how disappointed she was when I showed up and not you. So anyways, tomorrow you have some explaining to do buddy. All right, I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Bye.

Both Ron and Linda heard that and she felt pretty good finding out that he chose her over Tavia. Did that mean anything?

So after dinner, they had nothing better to do but stare aimlessly at the TV. Power to television!!! It was around 9:00 and there was basically nothing to do.

Linda: Is there anything to do around here?

Ron: Well what do you want to do?

Linda: After all I am the guest; can you at least entertain me?

Ron: Depends what you mean by entertainment. How about I play you something on the guitar? Do you like any song in particular?

Linda: How about you just play whatever.

Ron: Ok. He began to play a song that he thought he would never play again, the song was “If” it was the song that started his relationship with Ella and also the last song he heard when she left that day.

Linda was mesmerized, she couldn’t take her eyes off of him. Not only was he a great doctor, but also he played with so much feeling, as he sat there and played, he began to sing as well and slowly she noticed tears falling from his eyes.

Ron: “If a picture paints a thousand words then why can’t I paint you? The words will never show, for you I come to know…”

She continued to stare at him until the song was over and he wiped those tears from his eyes as she still continued to stare at him. She realized that he was a very sensitive guy that cares and loves deeply. From that moment, she lost her heart to him. She was moved by his sensitivity, she fell for his humor and admired his talent.

At around 10:30 he drove her home, and met her brother who was one of Kevin’s friends that Ron once met. They said their farewells and Ron went home.

~Next Day~

Leila came into Ron’s office with a huge smile on her face.

Leila: Ron, do you remember what tomorrow is?

Ron: It’s the most important day of the year, how could I forget?

Leila: Well, GOOD! (She began to walk away when he grabbed her hand)

Ron: hey, aren’t you interested in what I did last night with Linda?

Leila: Why should I care?

Ron: As my best friend of all times you should.

Leila came back over and sat on his lap.

Leila: Here’s my ear! You can tell me the story Santa (She gave a little chuckle)

Ron: Well, we had dinner at my place and I played guitar to entertain her.

Leila: She probably has fallen for you.

Ron: What makes you say that?

Leila: come on Ron, let me guess you played “If”, which reminded you of Ella, you began to sing and tears were falling.

Ron: How did you know?

Leila: I know you better than you know yourself and if I were looking at it from a normal girl’s point of view I would fall for you too. When would you ever see a guy cry? And that song is just so sweet itself…

Ron: So…

Leila: So, she likes you now. And guess what Ron Ng that adds another person to the list of crushees. (She started laughing)

Ron: That’s just great. (With a sigh at the end) So, since you’re already sitting on my lap, tell Santa what you want.

Leila: Well, SANTA, if that’s really who you are (She giggled) I want…

Leila’s thoughts:

What I really want is to see my prince charming handing me a single rose saying three words to me.

End of her thought

Leila: I want…

Ron: Santa’s running late dear…

Leila: you to be there tomorrow. Ok Santa?

Ron: Of course!

Leila: Look at the time; I have to go before Raymond comes looking for me.

Ron: Ok, I’ll go with you; I’m supposed to be heading downstairs anyways.

The two of them left Ron’s office and headed to the elevator where they saw Raymond and Tavia talking. For the first time they WEREN’T arguing.

Leila: It’s a miracle!

Ron: What is?

Leila: Them (Pointing to Raymond and Tavia)

Ron: I guess telling Raymond to go with Tavia wasn’t a bad idea after all.

Leila: Now you’re cupid?

Ron looked down: I don’t think so I don’t have diapers on!

Leila started laughing seeing Ron’s expression.
=================================

Hope you enjoyed it! Please leave me a comment!

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah new updates, thanks
    Oh Linda has all for Ron and he didn't know it.
    Leila is right she knows him better than he knows himself :)

    I really really enjoy Ronlei part

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete