Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Reason: Ch 22

Happy New Year!!! Enjoy!!!

Ch 22

Once she left Ron felt even worse. Not being able to see her was really getting to him. Maybe he did like her cause right now he really cares about her and misses her. She would email him once in a while saying how happy she is and about how high-tech the hospital is and stuff like that. Those emails would put a smile on his face but not for long. His smile then disappeared because of his doubts. He missed her, he really did. Now every morning when he comes into his office he can’t see her smiling face or when he’s tired she’s not there to tell him to go to sleep. At least he still had Leila, a friend that would never leave him…or so he hopes.

~Lunch~

Ron was sitting there with Raymond and chatting about life and stuff.

Raymond: You miss her don’t you?

Ron: Of course I do.

Raymond: Why didn’t you stop her?

Ron: She didn’t even let me know that she was going to leave, how was I suppose to know?

Raymond: Sorry man! If you loved her, you should’ve told her.

Ron: I don’t even know if I do love her. I miss her, I care for her but that doesn’t mean that I love her. Does it?

Raymond: I don’t know. But then who DO you love?

Ron: I don’t know. I seriously don’t know. If only someone would tell me the answer.

Raymond: I don’t think anyone can buddy. This is something that you have to figure out. Sorry man. (He patted Ron on the back and walked away)

Ron sat there restless in confusion. He really didn’t know what was going on deep down. He closed his eyes for a moment and noticed that someone came over and sat beside him. He didn’t need to open his eyes to know who it was because he could feel her presence.

Ron: I don’t know what to do.

Leila: I know what you SHOULD do.

Ron: And what’s that? (He turned to her)

Leila: To be the Ron who I knew since I was little, who could make me happy when I was sad and would play with me whenever my brothers didn’t. A Ron that was a great doctor who cared for everyone. That’s who you are Ron and so that’s what you should do. Continue to be you.

Ron: But by being me I caused so many people so much pain; I don’t know what to do anymore,

Leila took a hold of his hand: Ron, no matter what I’ll be here for you.

Ron: thanks.

He listened to her words and tried his best to be who he was. He once again had put that smile on his face that mesmerized everyone and covered up all of his sorrow and pain.

Leila had become a doctor who worked full time at the hospital and he would be able to see her everyday. She was the only person who was able to help him through this period of time. She was the only person who was willing to help him through all of these things. She helped him because she still loved him but she knew he could never figure that out by himself. It was funny how it was always her who would tell him that someone liked him. She just wanted him to be happy and by doing so she’s been neglecting her own feelings.

Ron was sitting in his office alone reading Linda’s most recent email.

~Email~

Hey, Ron

It’s been a month now and I know you miss me. (This line made him smile) I’m doing fine in L.A. so you don’t need to worry and I promise I’ll write often and I’ll come back to visit you.

Love Linda

~End of Email~

Her emails were always short but at least she still remembered him. He still missed her…a lot.

He then heard a knock on the door and saw Raymond coming in.

Raymond: What are you doing?

Ron: Just reading an email.

Raymond: From Linda?

Ron: Yes!

Raymond: What did she say?

Ron: The usual.

Raymond: Oh.

Ron: is that why you’re here?

Raymond: can’t a buddy come and just chat with you?

Ron: It’s not like you to do that.

Raymond: Well I want to talk to you.

Ron: About?

Raymond: If you figured out whom you like yet?

Ron: And this concerns you because?

Raymond: Come on, we’ve been pals forever.

Ron: So…

Raymond: SO of course I would care about your love life.

Ron: Well I don’t know.

Raymond: Just out of curiosity, do you like my sister?

Ron: Why do you ask?

Raymond: Cause as her brother I care about her too and just because I don’t show it doesn’t mean that I don’t.

Ron: And…

Raymond: I think she likes you.

Ron: what makes you say that (begins to laugh)

Raymond: Come on Ron, she’s always there for you. Doesn’t that tell you something?

Ron: That tells me that she cares for me like a friend should.

Raymond: Dude, she has never had a single date in years and she’s always there for you no matter what. Don’t you feel anything?

Ron: I don’t know.

Raymond: Don’t tell me you still like Ella?

Ron: I don’t.

Raymond: Then? Do you care for my sister?

Ron: Of Course I Do!

Raymond: Do you like her?

Ron: Of course!

Raymond: Do you love her?

Ron: I don’t know.

Raymond: If my sister and Linda were stuck in a raging fire. Who would you save?

Ron: I don’t know. And besides I will never have to choose.

Raymond: What if you do? (His cell phone rang and he went out leaving Ron in confusion once again)

===============================

Oh wow, I can't believe I'm almost done reposting this entire fanfic...anywho, I hope you enjoyed it...and please comment.

I'll be back soon...

Anywho, Happy New Year! and I wish everyone an amazing 2012!

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh Ray asks a very difficult question bec Ron still doesn't know who he loves

    From this part, i've read it on winglin :D

    ReplyDelete