Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Reason: Ch 19

Raymond: So Tavia, how’s your ankle?

Tavia: It’s a lot better, thank you.

Raymond: Well, we better get…

Leila: Raymond!

Raymond: Look who it is….

Tavia turned around and caught sight of both Ron and Leila. She walked towards them and Ron instantly noticed that she had sprained her ankle. Before she got to them Ron ran to her.

Ron: You sprained your ankle?

Tavia: Ya, last night.

Ron: Raymond, I told you to watch her.

Raymond: I did!

Tavia: It’s not his fault.

Ron: Are you all right? Do you want me to take a look at it?

Tavia: It’s fine. We all better get going now or else we’ll be late.

The four of the got into the elevator and went downstairs.

Linda was already down there, ready to work. Today was her first 30-hour shift, not only was she excited but also energetic?

Ron: Linda!

She turned around and saw him coming out of the elevator, her eyes caught his and she was lost. Ron walked over to her and placed his hand on her shoulder.

Ron: Are you ready for today?

Linda: Of course!

Ron smiled seeing how excited she was reminded him of how excited he was when he was still an interim.

Finally 20 hours passed. He knew that he needed to buy Leila a present cause after his shift ends he would have to go to her birthday party as he had promised. He was in his office sitting there restless he closed his eyes and suddenly felt someone gently putting their hands on his shoulder. He grabbed one of the hands and turned around; to his surprise it was Linda. He looked deeply into her eyes and realized that he too was beginning to like her. He didn’t know that if that feeling was “love” or was it just the fact that he admired her personality. Silence was in the air as the two of them were just looking at each other and finally broke the silence.

Ron: The ball is next week. (He still had his hand on hers)

Linda took her hand away: I know.

Ron: Are you tired?

Linda: No, but if you are you can go to asleep since we have an hour break. I’ll wake you up.

Ron: Thanks.

Linda: No problem.

Ron: I’ll sleep on the couch, so you can take my chair for now.

Linda: Ok.

Ron walked over to the couch and lied down. He was tired and confused. There were too many things on his mind but now he just needed to sleep. His eyes became heavy and he soon fell asleep.

Linda, who was sitting on his chair, was watching him sleep. She reminisced what just happened, how he held onto her hand and looked in her eyes. She had a funny feeling inside it was love. She wanted to spend every second with him. Since it was late, no one was roaming the halls, the blind in Ron’s office was down and everything was just dark. She walked over to him and looked at him. She soon bent over and gave him a peck on the forehead. She didn’t know why she did it; she just had the temptation to do so. She quickly walked over to Ron’s seat and sat there until it was time to wake him up.

~That evening~

Ron: Yes! Finally the shift is over, now I have to go find something for Leila or else I won’t be able to see tomorrow’s sunlight.

Linda started laughing.

Ron: Well, I got to go. I’ll see you tomorrow!

Linda: Bye.

Ron got into his car and drove around town looking for the right present for Leila. He knew it was the thought that counts but he still wanted to get her something that she would like, something that he had never bought her before. Then it struck him, a rose. It’s kind of funny how he had never bought her a rose before. It was always something else, something that would last. So what he bought her was…

~At Leila’s House~

All three of her brothers were there along with Tavia, Myolie and Nancy, three of her closest colleagues.

Leila: Myolie, do you know when Ron will be coming?

Myolie: You miss him already?

Leila blushed: No, I just want that present from him.

They all laughed knowing that no matter what Ron gets her she’ll always like it. Then they heard a knock on the door and there he was.

Leila: Why so late?

Ron yawned: My shift just ended and I had to go get you something.

Leila smiled at the sight of him: So what did you get me?

Ron: This. (He handed her the box) Don’t open it yet.

Leila: What if I want to?

Ron: Then I guess you can. But before you open it can you get me something to eat? I’m starving.

Leila ran to the kitchen and grabbed Ron a plate of food.

Leila: here you go.

Ron: Thanks.

When everyone had finished his or her food, it was time to open her presents and cut the cake. She started to open the presents one by one finding presents such as a stuffed animal, clothes and what not. Then it came to Ron’s present. As soon as she saw what it was a big smile appeared on her face. It wasn’t what she really wanted but it was close. He gave her a rose, a crystal rose, one that would last forever.

Ron: I hope you like it. I wanted my gift to last forever so you will never forget a friend like me.

Leila smiled: I won’t forget about you if you don’t forget about me.

Ron smiled and walked over to her and embraced her then whispered in her ear: I could never forget about you.

She loved his present, if only he said what she hoped he would one day say to her. Her feelings for him never really faded away, it was always kept in the dark and never rose to the top. She liked him as a friend but loved him cause he was truly her soul mate. He understood her better than her brothers and most importantly he was always there for her.

==========================

I hope you enjoyed it and Happy Christmas, and if you're not celebrating Christmas then Happy Holidays! I wish you all the very best during this wonderful time of year and I'll be back shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment