Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Reason: Ch 20

Ch 20

~One week later~

Ron waited for her in his nice black tux. He even bought a bouquet just to be a gentleman. He looked down at his Rolex watch and it was 6:00 p.m. They were going to be late if she doesn’t come down and being late was one thing Ron didn’t want to do. That would mean being the center of attention and being stared at by all of those people.

Finally she appeared dressed in a beautiful and elegant evening gown. Her beauty captured Ron’s eyes. For the first time he saw her looking like this, very feminine and the features of her gown just accentuated her natural beauty. She smiled when he came into her sight. She too had never seen him so dressed up. He looked great, magnificent even in his tux with his hair nicely done and not scrunched up in a mess. He then walked over to her handing her a bouquet of roses, which made her smile. Even though this wasn’t her first time receiving flowers from a guy but it was the first from him.

Ron: Can we please get going before we come in late and be the center of attention?

Linda: Fine!

Ron opened the door for her and she got in.

He drove to the Radisson hotel where the ball was being held and entered the hotel with Linda’s arm locked in his. The many pairs of eyes were staring them down and made them feel uncomfortable, finally a familiar face.

Raymond: Ron! Over here!

Ron looked around and saw Raymond with Tavia.

Ron and Linda came over.

Ron: So after that night you two are…

Tavia: No. We just met each other here.

Ron: Oooo…

Raymond: So you ditched my little sister for her eh?

Ron: Where is Leila?

Raymond: Over there with Sammul and Nancy. (Pointing to the drinks table)

Ron: Linda, you wouldn’t mind standing around talking to Ray while I go over there and say hi to them?

Linda: No.

Ron: I’ll be back.

He walked over to where Leila was and tapped her on the other shoulder, which made her turn and look the wrong way. When she turned back he was there in front of her.

Leila: You left your date with my brother? Aren’t you afraid that she’ll like him?

Ron: It doesn’t matter. I just asked her to go with me so that she would feel welcome at our hospital. Nothing more…I think.

Leila: So…

Ron: Who did you go with?

Leila: Does it matter?

Ron: Of course it does!

Leila: I made Raymond take me.

Ron: And he actually agreed?

Leila: Well, I threatened to tell his story…you know…

Ron: Oooo…I see.

The two of them began to laugh until they noticed that the people there had began to dim the lights and the music was on.

Leila: Hey, I think you should go back to your date now since my brother just went to talk Tavia. She’s standing there all by herself.

Ron: How about you?

Leila: Don’t worry about me I’ll be fine.

Ron: You sure?

Leila: Ya.

Ron: Ok…I guess I’ll go then. I’ll see you later?

Leila: Of course!

Ron walked over to Linda.

Ron: Would you like to share this dance with me?

Linda smiled and gladly accepted.

On the dance floor Ron placed his hands on her waist. At first they were dancing at a distance but soon they moved in closer, and Ron slowly wrapped his arms around her waist making her feel safe and secure as she put her arms on his broad shoulders. She had wished that that dance would last forever because she didn’t want to let him go. As soon as the song was over…

Ron looked at her and smiled: Hey, I’m going to go check on Leila if that’s okay with you.

Linda: Sure.

She was disappointed but she couldn’t let him know then it would mean to reveal to him that she had fallen for him.

Ron went over to Leila and grabbed her hand.

Ron: Dance?

Leila: What about Linda?

Ron: She’ll be fine.

Leila: You know you should stay with her.

Ron: But what about you?

Leila: I told you I’d be fine. But Linda, this is her first time here and she barely knows anyone. Ron I know you’re a nice guy and all but it’s ok if you don’t dance with me, I’ll be fine. Go back.

Ron: Fine. If you’re going to be ok then there’s no point in me standing around.

He left Leila and walked back to Linda. From a far he could see that she wasn’t enjoying herself or anything but she was rather quiet and barely spoke to anyone.

Ron grabbed her hand and ran off with her.

Ron: Come on; let me show you around before you become as stiff as a rock.

Linda: What are talking about? I’m fine.

Ron: I’m not blind and by the looks of it you look pretty bored.

She followed him cause she had no choice but on the other hand as they ran outside hand in hand she felt as if she was the luckiest person in the world.

Ron: Some fresh air never hurts.

Linda smiled: It’s so nice out!

Ron: It’s gorgeous, almost as gorgeous as you.

Linda blushed hearing him compliment her.

Ron: I mean it. You look magnificent.

Linda: Thanks.

Ron: Do you want to go for a drive and leave this place?

She nodded and as he drove and they talked they realized that they shared so much in common. Finally he stopped his car at the beach.

Linda: Have you ever joined “Doctors Without Borders”?

Ron: I did last year when the Tsunami hit Thailand.

Linda: That must’ve been a great experience.

Ron: It was. Not only was I able to help people but also I was able to see how difficult life is and I learned to cherish what I have, and never let a moment pass me by.

He drove her to his place and showed her some of the souvenirs that he got as well as the presents the little kids there made for him. As he was looking through the stuff an album fell out which made him think of all of the things that had happened in the past.

He looked at her with these saddened eyes as a tear rolled down his cheek memories of his parents, of his girlfriend rushed through his head. In his eyes she could tell that he’d been through a lot and now he uses his warm smile to cover up all of those pain. She wanted to be there for him. As he continued to look at her they began to come in closer and closer until finally….
==============================

WHAT? ya...

Anywho...I'll be back once more or so before the new year

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your update
    It's funny that Ron ran to lei and lin at the ball
    Oh they kiss, is he in love with her?...

    Last chapter, Ron gave Leila a rose almost like what she wish. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete