Friday, November 25, 2011

The Reason: Ch 15

Ch 15

After dinner with Ron’s favourite family of all time, he said his farewells and went home. It began to rain as he was driving home listening to music and just thinking about life in general he saw a figure that looked very familiar coming out of the Seven Eleven. She didn’t have a jacket with her nor an umbrella, being the nice guy Ron was he stopped the car right beside her.

The young lady was surprised that someone would actually stop the car for her when she turned to look it was Ron. He came out of the car took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulders.

Ron: Don’t catch a cold. The patients at the hospital need you.

The young lady smiled at him gracefully not saying a word. She finally saw the reason why so many people like him. It wasn’t because he was a successful doctor who makes lots of money but it was the fact that he was a sweet, caring and gentle guy.

Ron opened the car door for her and insisted her to get home. Once she got on the car, Ron slammed the door shut and got in as well. The drive to her place was as quiet as it can be. If he didn’t glance at her making sure she didn’t fall asleep he would’ve thought that she did. Once they arrived at her place, Ron got out of the car and opened the door for her. She looked at him and smiled. He then walked her in to make sure that she would get home safely. Since he no longer had his jacket, the rain soaked his clothes and hair enhancing his features even more. She invited him to her place but he rejected her offer seeing that it was already getting late.

~Next day at the hospital~

Ron sat in his chair spinning around doing basically nothing except for stopping to sip his coffee once in a while. His shift usually begins at nine and seeing how it’s only 8:30 he had plenty of time to relax. As he was gradually spinning he saw Linda come in.

Ron immediately stopped the chair so that his interim wouldn’t see how childish he really is even though she should have realized that by now.

Ron: Morning!

Linda: Thank you! (Waving a white envelope that she has in her hand)

Ron: What’s that?

Linda: Well, this morning Bobby (head of the hospital) told me how they’ve looked over my information and with your recommendation they approved. Which means that I wouldn’t have to drive for so long to get to work.

Ron: Hey, it’s the least I can do.

Linda: I don’t know how to repay you. How about dinner? Tonight? I’ll cook.

Ron: Sure, as long as I don’t end up in the ER I’m fine with it.

Linda started laughing: My cooking isn’t bad and don’t worry I won’t poison you.

Ron: So, dinner at your place tonight then?

Linda: But first you have to drive me to buy the stuff.

Ron: I knew there was a catch.

Linda smiled and went out. Ron soon followed her because it was 8:55.

Ron: Hey wait up!

Linda turned around and saw Ron walking towards her.

Ron: What’s the hurry?

Linda: I’m not the one who’s huffing and puffing.

Ron: Well I was trying to catch up to you. Did anyone ever tell you, you walk really fast?

Linda: Maybe you’re just slow. (She continued to walk off)

Ron: Fine then if you can walk so fast then you wouldn’t need this approval. (He snatched the letter out of her hand)

Linda: Give it back!

She began chasing after him. The other staffs in the hospital were surprised at how childish they were.

Raymond: Dude, what’s the hurry?

Ron: Get out of my way.

Linda placed her hand on Ron’s shoulder: Gotcha!

Ron: All your fault man.

Raymond: I didn’t know you two were playing around if I did…

Linda: Now you can give it back.

Ron: Fine.

As Linda walked away Ron was still standing there.

Raymond: Seems to me that you two are really getting along.

Ron: Well, she’s a really nice person.

Raymond: Interested?

Ron: I don’t know, not right now anyways. I got to go. I’ll see you later? Lunch?

Raymond: Go after her! (He smiled) Okay, Lunch.

Ron walked off and downstairs to the ER.

An old man was sitting patiently and waiting for his turn for his monthly check up. Ron recognized him at once seeing the man.

Ron: Mr. Chan!

Mr. Chan: Doctor Ng is it my turn yet?

Ron: Sure, come on in. (He helped the man walk into the examination room)

Ron: So have you been eating any of those fatty foods?

Mr. Chan: Of course not! I’d listened to you.

Ron: well, we’ll have to do a blood test to see if your cholesterol is regulated.

Mr. Chan rolled up his sleeve and sat there patiently as Ron told Tavia to do the blood test.

Tavia went over, greeted the old man then performed the blood test. After it was complete she smiled and walked away.

Mr. Chan: That didn’t hurt one bit Doctor.

Ron: Well, that’s because Tavia is a very good nurse.

Mr. Chan: You like her?

Ron: We’re just friends.

Mr. Chan: I almost forgot, you like that other person, what was her name…L-l-Linda?

Ron: She’s just an interim Mr. Chan.

Mr. Chan: Sure she is. Well, are you going to do any other tests or am I good to go?

Ron: You’re good.

Mr. Chan: Bye Doctor, and say goodbye to your girlfriend for me. (He winked, and walked away)

Ron stood there laughing at the old man who thinks Ron likes every woman he encounters.

~At the front desk~

Claire: Go talk to him.

Tavia: He’s busy

Claire: No he isn’t. Go! (she pushed Tavia)

Tavia then walked over to Ron.

Tavia: Hey!

Ron: Hi, Mr. Chan said you’re really good at performing blood tests

Tavia: thanks.

Ron: Don’t thank me; he’s the one that complimented you.

Tavia slightly blushed talking to the man of her dreams.

Tavia: I was wondering if you’re not doing anything tonight if you’d like to go to this concert with me. I think it’s a tribute to Beethoven, seeing how you enjoy classical music, I was wondering if you’d be interested.

Ron: I’d love to.

Tavia was really excited for this was the first time that she successfully asked him out.

Tavia: Well, dress nicely and I’ll meet you there.

She walked away smiling, her smile was just so radiant, even a blind person could see that she was in love.

============================

I hope you enjoyed it! Remember to comment!!!

Randomness...OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment