Friday, November 4, 2011

The Reason: Ch 11

Ch 11

The elevator finally came to a stop and reached the third floor where Ron’s office was. As they were walking towards his office Ron saw a familiar face…

Ron: Nancy! You’re back!

Nancy: Yup! I couldn’t just leave this hospital when there’s such a good-looking doctor in the building.

Ron started laughing: So how was your little vacation? Did you bring me back anything?

Nancy: Well, it depends how nice you are to me today.

Ron: I see how it is. (He came over to her and gave her a hug) How’s that?

Nancy: Much better. (She smiled) So who’s this lovely young lady?

Ron: A new interim.

Nancy: Hi.

Linda: Nice to meet you.

Nancy: Right back at you.

Ron: How was Japan?

Nancy: Fabulous. You should really go.

Ron: Leila and I are planning to go soon, but we haven’t decided when.

Nancy: I leave for three weeks and she took you away?

Ron: You lost your chance.

Nancy: That’s unfair.

Ron: Hey, does Leila know you’re back?

Nancy: Not yet.

Ron: I know she’d be really happy if she sees you.

Nancy: Of course! As her best friend…

Ron: What? I’m her best friend.

Nancy: Fine! As her second best friend…

Ron: That’s much better.

Nancy: I got her lots of stuff.

Ron: Want to go see her now?

Nancy: If you’re not busy.

Ron: ummm… Linda, how about you go back to my office first and I’ll be there later.

Linda: Sure.

Ron: Let’s go then.

Ron and Nancy walked towards Raymond’s office.

Nancy: I missed you.

Ron: I missed you too.

Nancy: You know how I feel about you.

Ron: Come on. Don’t be like that.

Nancy: I don’t get it. Half of the female staff in this building likes you, yet you reject every single one of them.

Ron: I don’t want to hurt their feelings…

Nancy: Then why won’t you accept anyone?

Ron: I don’t know.

Nancy: Unless you already have someone.

Ron: I don’t.

Nancy: Are you gay?

Ron: Of course not, if I am then I wouldn’t think that you look amazingly gorgeous would I?

Nancy: Then why Ron?

Ron: Maybe no one here is my cup of tea.

Nancy: How about Leila? I can tell that you really care for her.

Ron: I do. But that doesn’t mean that I feel anything.

Nancy: You and your feelings and chemistry. Don’t you know those things only happen when you give someone a chance?

Ron: I know. But I want to build a stable career first.

Nancy: You’re a doctor. Like your career isn’t stable.

Ron: That’s the problem. If I get into a relationship, how would I ever spend time with her?

Nancy: Fine! At least tell me who you like, after all I’m your friend.

Ron: I like…

He was about to tell her, but then he saw Leila coming towards them.

Leila: Nancy?

Nancy: Leila!

Leila ran towards Nancy to give her a warm welcoming hug.

Leila: How was Japan?

Nancy: It was great! Ron here told me how you two were planning on going as well.

Leila: Yup!

Nancy: So I go for three weeks and you took him away.

Leila: It’s not my fault I’m so attractive. (She started laughing)

Ron joined in the laughter.

Nancy: I see how it is.

Ron: How is it?

Nancy: You two seem to be very compatible.

Leila: Of course we are. (She grabbed Ron’s hand) We’ve known each other since forever.

Ron took Leila’s hand and gently kissed it: Since forever.

Nancy looked at Ron: Is she the one?

Ron: Maybe.

Leila: So did you bring me back anything?

Nancy: Of course I did but you probably wouldn’t want anything cause you already got the best thing in the world…

=======================

Today...was my grandfather's funeral...it's funny how you really don't know what you have until it's gone...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, so treasure what we have, is the best thing we can do.

    back to the fic.:Wow a lot of women are in love with Ron. Who does Ron actually like???

    ReplyDelete