Friday, November 11, 2011

The Reason: Ch 13

Ch13

Raymond’s thoughts

The two of them are still so childish. I swear they’re meant to be. Like who in there twenties would enjoy spinning around on a chair? Both of them are so naïve. I can’t believe Ron after all he’s been through still hasn’t grown up. Maybe that’s why so many people like him. His attitude towards things is not so complicated and he can put a smile on anyone’s face. But I’m not bad myself; good-looking with a stable career, then again I’m still single. That doesn’t matter as long as I still got my family and my best bud Ron it’s all good.

~Ron’s office~

Leila was laughing: You can stop now. I think I’m dizzy.

Ron quickly stopped the spinning chair.

Ron: wasn’t that fun?

Leila: It was okay.

Ron: Only ok?

Leila: Can we please go now?

Ron: Fine. Then get off of my lap.

Leila: Make me.

Ron then lifted her up and got up. She was now in his arms a meter from the ground.

Leila: Put me down already.

Ron slowly put her down making sure that she wasn’t hurt.

Leila: Thanks.

Ron: No problem.

He grabbed his briefcase and jacket and left with her.

Leila: So…

Ron: So what?

Leila: Are you going to that charity ball?

Ron: Yup!

Leila: With?

Ron: Linda

Leila: Oh.

Ron: Jealous?

Leila: Why would I be jealous? I should be relieved that I don’t have to go with you this year.

Ron: You seem more jealous than relieved.

Leila: Whatever.

Ron: You know you could join us if you like.

Leila: No. That’s okay.

Ron: Okay then. But don’t be mad, it’ll cause wrinkles. (He ran his fingers across her forehead). You wouldn’t look pretty with wrinkles.

Leila started laughing: Well, I’m not mad.

Ron: That’s good.

He opened the car door for her and watched her get in, and then he walked around and got onto the car himself.

Leila: I forgot to tell you something.

Ron: What?

Leila: Remember that day at the restaurant when we…

Ron: Kissed?

Leila: Ya.

Ron: What about it? Don’t tell me you like me.

Leila slightly blushed: No! Of course not!

Ron: O well.

Leila; Come on I’m being serious here.

Ron: Ok.

Leila: Well the thing is, Bosco took pictures of us.

Ron: So?

Leila: he suspects that there’s something going on.

Ron: is there?

Leila: How would I know?

Ron: Well, we’ve always been close so I don’t think it matters.

Leila: I know. But people will be talking.

Ron: We shouldn’t care about what they say.

Leila: But I don’t want to cause any misunderstandings.

Ron: Well, I’m not that bad.

Leila: It’s not you but I know lots of people like you and if…

Ron: You mean Nancy? She’s your friend she should know better and besides Bosco didn’t show anyone the pictures yet. Did he?

Leila: Not yet.

Ron: Then there’s no problem.

Leila: I guess.

Ron drove off and for the entire ride they didn’t say a word to each other instead they were listening to a few songs. When they finally got there Ron parked his car and they walked up to Leila’s place.

Ron: What are we having?

Leila: I don’t know, Bosco said it’s a secret.

Ron: As long as Bosco is cooking it’s all-good.

Leila unlocked the door and both of them went in. The smell of food was in the air.

Ron: I smell chicken!

Leila started laughing.

Bosco: Hey! Ron you’re here.

Ron: Yup! I wouldn’t miss your cooking for the world.

Bosco: Hey you wanna see something really cool?

Ron: Sure.

Bosco took out his phone and showed Ron all the pictures he took.

Ron: Nice pics.

Bosco: I know I find them adorable.

Ron: Me too!

Bosco started laughing: You’re reaction and Leila’s reactions are totally different.

Ron: Well, she minds cause after all she’s a woman, you know what they say, woman tend to have thinner facial skin.

Bosco continued laughing and went back into the kitchen.

================================

I hope you enjoyed it, and please remember to comment

1 comment:

  1. I wonder why Ron didn't ask Leila to the charity ball but Linda.

    First Ray and now Bosco thinks Ron Lei are a couple :D

    ReplyDelete