Friday, January 13, 2012

The Reason: Ch 23

Ch 23

It was around 8:00 p.m. since Ron had to change shifts with Myolie since she used those pictures to black mail him again. In order to protect Leila from those rumors he was willing to change shifts with her.

Leila: hey Ron!

Ron: Hi

Leila: why are you still here?

Ron: Myolie black mailed me with those pictures again!

Leila laughed: I thought you didn’t care about them.

Ron: But I don’t want others to think that we’re together then how can you ever get a boyfriend?

Leila continued to laugh to cover up how she truly felt.

Ron: So, why are YOU here now?

Leila: Well…my shift started a couple of hours ago.

Ron: I see.

Leila: Well then Doctor Ng. Shouldn’t you be in one of those examination rooms?

Ron: Well Doctor Lam…I’m still on my little break and where should YOU be?

Leila started laughing: I’m on my break too.

Ron: I see. (He nodded)

Leila: Well you should see cause I’m right in front of you.

Ron pretended to look around and not see her: Where are you?

Leila started to laugh seeing that Ron can fool around like he use to. It was great seeing him happy again, ever since Linda left this was the first time she saw him fool around like he use to. A smile crept up on her face. Ron could see that when he was in pain so was she. Maybe Raymond was right, but he didn’t want to hurt her like he had hurt Linda. He wasn’t sure of his feelings and before he was he didn’t want to even start a relationship with anyone.

Tavia: Doctor Ng you’re needed in examination room 3

Ron: Hey, I got to go and do my job.

Leila: I’ll see you later then?

Ron: Of Course!

As Ron was walking towards the examination room he saw Kevin with this young lady whom he had never met.

Ron: Kevin?

Kevin: Hey Ron!

Ron: What are you doing here?

Kevin: Well, she called me and told me that her friend got into a car accident so I rushed here as soon as possible.

Ron: And she is?

Kevin: Right, I forgot to introduce you to Niki. Niki this is Ron.

Niki: You have to help my friend (She continued to sob as Kevin tried to ease her pain)

Ron: Don’t worry; I’ll try my best.

Ron went into the examination with the hope that he could help Niki’s friend but when he saw whom it was he too had to shed a tear. It’s been a while since he saw her and now seeing her in this condition didn’t make things any better. Her pulse and blood pressure was dropping as he tried to help her, his spirit dropped as her pulse dropped. It was painful seeing her in this condition. Finally she opened her eyes and saw him, the person who she had left many years ago. She muttered a few words to him as he got closer trying to hear what she had to say. His tear fell onto her cheek as she tried to wipe his tear her heart began to stop and in mere seconds she had left this place. Ron couldn’t believe what he just saw. After so many years he had to see her like this and he had to see her leave him once again. But this time it was for good.

Ron walked out of the examination with tears in his eyes. He couldn’t hold them in cause it wasn’t possible.

Kevin: Ron, why are you crying?

Ron: Why didn’t you tell me it was…Ella?

Kevin: I didn’t know. Sorry.

Niki: How is she?

Ron: I’m sorry…she left us.

Niki began to cry and Kevin was there to give her that shoulder to cry on.

Kevin: Sorry man.

Ron: It’s all right.

Ron walked away feeling like he was living in a nightmare that would never go away. All of these things just happen, one by one as he is tormented by how he truly feels. Leila noticed that after Ron came out of the examination room his spirit dropped but she didn’t know why. As she walked towards the examination room she saw her brother with someone.

Leila: Kevin?

Kevin: Hey, you should go check on Ron.

Leila: Why?

Kevin: You know who was in there?

Leila: No.

Niki continued to cry.

Kevin: It was Niki’s friend…Ron’s love…Ella.

Leila: What happened to her?

Kevin: Car accident. You should really go check on Ron.

Leila: Ok. I’ll see you later?

Kevin: Ya.

Leila went off looking for Ron and found him on the third floor checking on the patients like he should be. He was smiling and laughing and talking to his patients like nothing had happened but Leila knew he was just hiding everything inside. She felt his pain and seeing him like this worried her even more than seeing him in tears.

Ron came out of the room and saw Leila standing there.

Ron: what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be checking on your patients Doctor Lam?

Leila: I came to see you.

Ron: Why?

Leila: Kevin told me about…Ella.

Ron: So you know?

Leila nodded and seeing Ron’s expressionless face scared her.

Leila: Are you all right?

Ron: Ya, I’m fine.

Leila grabbed a hold of Ron’s arm.

Leila: Ron, don’t scare me. I know you’re hurt just cry it out. Don’t keep everything inside.

Ron: Leila, I’m okay. You know what Ella told me before she died?

Leila: No.

Ron: She told me to smile (A tear rolled down his cheek) and she thanked me for seeing her for the very last time.

Leila saw his tear and felt his pain.

Leila: Ron, I’ll be here for you.

Ron: I know. You always will…(He turned around and walked away)

Leila: Ron! Wait up!

Ron turned to face her once again.

Leila: How about a drink? Your shift should end in half an hour.

Ron: Sure. I’ll see you then.

~10:00 p.m. Ron’s shift ended~

Leila knocked on Ron’s door and saw that no one was in there. She quickly ran down to the emergency room to see if he was still there but Ron was nowhere in sight. She began to panic and ran from floor to floor searching for him. As she went looking for him she heard someone call her name and to her surprise it was Ron.

Ron: where are you going?

Leila breathing heavily: I was looking for you.

Ron smiled: If you waited at my office you could’ve saved all of this time and energy.

Leila: Well, how would I know that you would show up there?

Ron: Well…my jacket and briefcase are both in there, what do you think?

Leila went over to Ron and they walked out of the hospital and into Ron’s car. Ron turned on the radio and to his surprise “If” was playing. The song brought back so many painful and wonderful memories of Ella and him that he could no longer hold in his tears but to cry.

Leila seeing how Ron was in tears tried to comfort him, she told him that everything will be ok and that he should move on and “smile” like Ella told him to.

Leila: Ron, you’re in no condition to drive. Let me drive you home.

Ron: thank you.

She drove him home and went up to his place with him. He was still in tears and no matter what she did; it was hard for him to stop completely. His pain was now visible as he sat on his bed and cried for the one he once loved so truly and dearly.

Ron: Leila, you can go now.

Leila: What about you?

Ron: I’ll be fine…(another tear rolled down his cheek)

Leila tried to wipe his tear as he caught her hand.

Ron: Why are you always here for me? What have I ever done to deserve someone like you? Someone who’s always here for me.

Leila: Ron, you’re tired you should go to sleep now.

Ron: I can’t! not until I get things straight.

With tears in his eyes he looked into hers and as their eyes met Leila felt her heart begin to pound harder and harder. She saw that Ron was in pain and she didn’t want to leave his side.

Ron: How about a drink? (He grabbed a bottle of wine and two wine glasses)

They drank and spoke of past fond memories…she was there by his side. In his eyes she was an angel that would never leave him. As the toxic alcohol took control of his body things that he never thought would happened did. He embraced her in his arms as they began to kiss passionately…

The next morning when he woke up she was gone.


~Leila’s perspective~

I think after all of these years I have finally found my treasure at the end of the rainbow. My treasure was with me when I was young…he was the first to hold my hand, the first to ask me out, he gave me my first kiss and now I’ve spent my first night with him. When he is in pain, so am I. But no matter what happens he can always put a smile on his face that would lighten my heart with joy. I love him, but seeing him in pain hurts me too much, maybe I too should leave him so that he can deal with all of these problems on his own. I don’t want to be the one who helps him through everything. Raymond is right, that day when he was speaking to Ron I heard their entire conversation. If Ron doesn’t know whom he likes then maybe, I might not be the one for him. My presence here will only confuse him. Until the day he finally realizes who he truly loves, then I’ll return.

~End of her perspective~

Leila applied to one of the hospitals in L.A. seeing that Linda was there, she might as well join her and plus she always wanted to go. She told Ron about leaving and even though he tried to stop her, she was determined to leave. Ron was once again in pain seeing her leave at the airport. Before leaving she gave him a kiss and he returned her with one as well. She brought along his present, the one he gave her at her birthday to remember him forever. But how could she forget the person that she had fallen so deeply in love with for the past 20 years of her life. As she left Ron and her brothers a tear rolled down her cheek, she didn’t want to go but she had to for Ron and for herself. She needed to see the world and needed to experience things for herself.


======================================

If I'm not mistaken, the next chapter should be the end...and that would also raise the question of whether or not you would like me to repost any other fanfics.

If there are any others, that you have yet to read...then please let me know and I will find them somewhere on my hardrives and post them up. If not...I have another idea but, it will be something for later...

Please leave a comment or comments...and I'll be back soon.

Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Leila left too, it's kind of sad and Ron still doesn't know who he loves.

    ps about repost. I don't know about the other but for me, noe I've read all of your fanfic, no need to repost anymore.

    ReplyDelete